Eyedea - Junk (first video off new release)

Bump

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Eyedea's new album just dropped on rhymesayers, titled "By The Throat". Junk is the leading single off of it to be put in video form...check it.

The new album is dope, and a new style/feel of theirs to boot.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I gotta say, for me - I dig the fact that Eyedea and Abilities decided to step outside the box and try something different but I think they really only pull it off successfully on like a 3rd of the album, and Im actually a long time fan since the headshot tapes and First Born.

The energy his strictly rap-type-shit brings is ten fold better IMO.

With that said however, I still really dig a few joints on the album.....Im also looking at this from an engineering point as well tho cuz stuff like the electric guitars just dont have enough beef to me, but thats just cuz Im a stickler.

I like the beat, its good to hear more rock influenced hip hop. Reminded me a little of Beastie Boys at the beginning, I like heavy guitars as long as they aint just noise. And I like the hard drums.
I liked the verses too, but I really hate the hook.
I dont mind the video as it fits with the Nirvana-esque sound of the track, but I bet thats also what inspired the shit hook.

Bump

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I like the beat, its good to hear more rock influenced hip hop. Reminded me a little of Beastie Boys at the beginning, I like heavy guitars as long as they aint just noise. And I like the hard drums.
I liked the verses too, but I really hate the hook.
I dont mind the video as it fits with the Nirvana-esque sound of the track, but I bet thats also what inspired the shit hook.

I think the look is more influenced by the fact he seems to always be on something LOL. I went and saw them and atmosphere in New Orleans and everyone of those dudes was chewin gum ALL night LOL. Ol' Nate Collins from Attracted to Gods was ROLLIN! hahaha

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I dunno man, i think theres just a common trend lately for rappers to suddenly dress emo (which I would have never guessed Eyedea to end up falling into, but whatever I honestly dont give a shit what he wears as long as his tunes are on point)......

Cage did the same dam thing but more in a creepy Clockwork Orange way, lol....
Regardless of that dude finally coming out of his funk and changing his lifestyle, I dont see why he had to turn emo and his music directly reflected that unfortunately.