extract beat?

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
watup, how yall doin, im new here just recently got into production, i been fuckin wit fl studio for a few days now , i was wonderin if theres a way to "extract beats"..... i.e. take the different instruments out of a song and have FL able to interpret[spelling?] them as beats on the sequencer, like the song split into different channels drums/base line/etc... reason for this is i want to take old old disco tracks and switch the shit up turn it into hip hop

thanks in advance

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm not very knowledgeable about fl studio, but I think fl studio has a slicer that you might be able to use. It's not an autonomous thing. Will def require user input. Essentially what you have to do is chop the original up into usable pieces. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I would say the task you're trying to accomplish is not an "easy" one and will require some critical thinking. How's your musicianship? Can you recreate what you want to use?

BTW Welcome to Illmuzik. You'll learn a whole lot here. Very big knowledge base.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Try this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y5rAdi-VWI"]YouTube - Warbeats Fruity Loops Tutorial - Using Edison to Chop[/ame]

MOF

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
good lookin out on the replies, dac, i skimmed through that, looked interesting definatly gonna watch the whole thing and try it, as for your question steel side, to be honest my musicianship is mad weak but im a dedicated person, i'll spend like 9 hours straight on FL just fuckin wit sounds makin drumloops and playing wit everything on there trying to get the feel of it, ive only made my first "complete beat" yesterday its a very simple one and is weak but ive only been experimenting a few days so i got a long way to go and much knowledge to learn

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo, we all start somewhere B. Stay focused and dedicated to it if you got the heart. Me personally, I'll say learn to make music. Don't just learn how to use fruity loops. If you have to, make a wack beat everyday. You'll be learning and it'll get easier.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
good lookin out on the replies, dac, i skimmed through that, looked interesting definatly gonna watch the whole thing and try it, as for your question steel side, to be honest my musicianship is mad weak but im a dedicated person, i'll spend like 9 hours straight on FL just fuckin wit sounds makin drumloops and playing wit everything on there trying to get the feel of it, ive only made my first "complete beat" yesterday its a very simple one and is weak but ive only been experimenting a few days so i got a long way to go and much knowledge to learn

no problem, glad to be of some help. we all got to start somewhere and making bangers is no easy task. one of the most preached about things here at ILL is learning to use what you got, master it and the rest will fall in line. it's very good that you're dedicated to making your beats and learning your software. don't burn yourself out tho...thats just as bad as not practicing. stick around, learn what you can from here and apply it to what you're doing.

welcome to ILL too!

MOF

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ppreciate the welcomes and all that.... and steel side, i was actually thinkin bout learning the keyboard/piano since on software (software for a while cuz low budget) like fruity loops it has the piano roll and everything and im guessing u can pretty much emulate alot of instruments through the piano through software plus piano seems like a fun instrument to learn aha.... anyway how long do u think it might take me to learn a lot of the basics of a piano [if u got any xperience wit it]?

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
ppreciate the welcomes and all that.... and steel side, i was actually thinkin bout learning the keyboard/piano since on software (software for a while cuz low budget) like fruity loops it has the piano roll and everything and im guessing u can pretty much emulate alot of instruments through the piano through software plus piano seems like a fun instrument to learn aha.... anyway how long do u think it might take me to learn a lot of the basics of a piano [if u got any xperience wit it]?

with that kind of talk u from my part of town where in the 718 u at 718 lol

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
How long would it take to learn the keyboard? IDK, that depends on you. Me personally, I started playin piano by ear b4 I was even in grade school. But can I play piano/Keys, I don't consider myself a piano player. I'm a musician. I can play piano, drums, percussion, clarinet, trumpet, guitar, strings, and my main instrument is the sax. <---- That's my shit right there, but I can pretty much competently play any musical instrument to some degree. Even if I've never played it b4. Some people have that gift, some do not.

That's why I mentioned learning to play music. The basics of musicianship and fundamentals apply to all instruments. It's like the ground rules. We just had a thread on that, hold on a sec, I'll dig it up...

https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20049

But you sound dedicated. Just get familiar. Things are a little different nowadays with software, but they all generally do the same thing. Just different interfaces.
Don't flame me ya'll. That was a "very" general statement.
You have Fl studio. Find as many video and written tutorials as you can about it, and just sponge it all up. Listen and try to recreate the songs/producers you like.

There's lot's of good info here, lot's of very intelligent people, and like Daclion said, don't burn ya'self out. There's life outside that computer/studio. LOL Just try to balance it all. And try to search b4 askin a question.

Here's some more stuff: https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13185

Keep us posted on your progress, and if we can help, that's what we're here for.

P.S. Everyday I wonder why I was a computer science major and not a music major. Ok I did digress so I must ask, did your original question get answered?

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
haha nysom, i previously lived in ridgewood/glendale, i just moved down from queens i live in florida now, another thing, i checked ur shit on ur myspace, that "rage" sounds like u sampled it from an enigma song, if im right thats ironic cuz enigma is like relaxing lol, steel side, im bout to check out those links right now good lookin on that, if u really wanna see my progress i actually got a beat to show off its half decent just dont kno where to upload it, and my original question was answered for the most part

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i actually got a beat to show off its half decent just dont kno where to upload it, and my original question was answered for the most part

Right now there are no open Showcases but they happen every few days. So constantly check the thread below. And Post your link in the Unlocked thread that Fade will start.

https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Good Luck

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
haha nysom, i previously lived in ridgewood/glendale, i just moved down from queens i live in florida now, another thing, i checked ur shit on ur myspace, that "rage" sounds like u sampled it from an enigma song, if im right thats ironic cuz enigma is like relaxing lol,

lol i sampled it from the streets of rage saga game lol my job is not far from glendale by the J train off Norwood ave

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
aha i dont really know where that is, kinda get the feeling its near fulton tho, i never really went on the j

members online