Expand Gear

Cheese

ill o.g.
Right now the only thing I'm using is Acid Pro and alot of samples and loops I downloaded off the internet. My question is what should I add far as software and hardware that would work good with Acid Pro?

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
that depends...go to guitar center/sam ash/whatever and play around with the hardware. you could go the triton/motif/fantom route or you could go the mpc route etc. i'm not sure if you can sequence hardware in acid pro though...ask questions of the people that work there and get a good feel for hardware and if they got other software, try that out too...because nowadays the issue of things working better with others is relatively nonexistent...everything is almost on the same level and it boils down to personal preference...so you just gotta figure out what you prefer ya feel me? my suggestion though, first and foremost and before you think about getting hardware, make sure you have a solid bit of software. I'm not bashing acid but i would suggest something like cubase, reason, or something like that. once again its really all on you though

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah he's right... I started off the same way as you are (Just Acid 2.0)... but like in '98.... first I got a Yamaha PSR keyboard and a cheap mixer and beat machine... total = $800. Then I moved up to adding cool edit (Adobe Audition)... then my Motif joined my family... a compressor and condensor mic was added after I started play acoustic guitar and recording it in that way (sounds fuller)... then came my 2nd love in my family of hardware... the MPC... and during the way you can inherit or add stupid little things... but give it time... You can't just go and buy all this right away... not because its expensive... but because it would be too over whelming to learn... so take your time...

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Its all about what you feel comfortable with, and like jmafia said go and mess around with all the eqpt your interested about...hear how they sound, how they feel. Dont waste a bunch of money on an expensive piece of eqpt that you might not like or use. I know how u feel though you can never do with enough sound samples so get out there and dig

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
I only use ACID and Plug -ins at this point.

I would like to get one of those Key Controllers and play around with original melodies and string arrangments.