Excited to be part of the community!

JayMMTL

Craze Beats
What's up fellow producers and beatmakers! I'm happy to have found this place. I just got into producing beats a few weeks ago but have some form of music background. I played drums for more than 10 years, was in a band and did the occasional live mixing at concerts and festivals.

I feel I've been progressing really quickly and each beat I make is better than the last. I'm hoping to be more objective in evaluating my progress by getting your feedback. I think practice and feedback from peers you respect are key to improving. Therefore I will mainly be active in the "Showcase" for the time being but plan on exploring as I have more time....and can hit the close button on my DAW.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @JayMMTL and what drives you to make beats, what band were you in and what concerts/festivals did you do live mixing for?

JayMMTL

Craze Beats
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Welcome @JayMMTL and what drives you to make beats, what band were you in and what concerts/festivals did you do live mixing for?

I just love music and think I have the talent to make good beats. I've always been driven by creating (web design, graphic design, writing music, drawing, etc).

You wouldn't know the band (Caught Sleeping) or the festival; a few hundred attendees and a dozen local bands who put on shows at a campsite for 2 days, don't remember what it was called, some wordplay on Woodstock. Also mixed some live shows at a venue called Clyde's (again local bands, few hundred attendees).