Every Body Makin Movie Beatz

m.s

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
:yawn: YO!! IS IT JUST ME,,BUT IT SEEMS LIKE PRODUCERS ARE MAKING BEATZ THAT SOUND LIKE IT WAS MADE FOR A MOVIE,,,I THINK PRODUCERS ARE GETTING TECHNOLGY HAPPY AND NEED TO REALIZE THAT WE MAKE BEATZ FOR MCEES AND NOT FUKIN ACTORZ SON!!! I MEAN YO,,I GOT ALL DAT DA MPC4000, REASON, KORG TRIOTRON,,,ANOTHER THING IS MUTHAFUKAZ IS SAMPLE HAPPY,,,I SAMPLE BUT DAM SOME OF YALL GET CARRIED AWAY,,CREATE YOUR OWN DAMN MATRIX DOGGY IT AINT THAT HARD,,IF DA SHOE FITS WEAR IT!! http://www.soundclick.com/mysolutionz

Attachments

• r.s m.s.gif
    r.s m.s.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 236

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i feel you 100% ive herd beats on the radio on albums and haha even on this site that are 85 % samples sample the drums sample the melodies sampled everything but the high hats and call it an original piece all because they arranged it in the order they want it to be played and because they cut the sample up and sped it up a lil lol.....sampling is cool but not when its 85% of the beat i mean come on now.

I make my beats one note at a time.

E

Equality 7-2521

motherfuckers are sample-happy because motherfuckers are dope at making beats with samples.... eg DJ Shadow.

Producers should be able to do whatever they want to create a final product which is dope...as long as they arnt stealing peoples music.
Making a beat out of 100% samples is NOT stealing as long as all the samples are solo, are from various sources and are not unreasonably prolonged

stop whining

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
all the matters is the end result, who cares how u get there..as long as you are not stealing anyone's ish, some people do all original, some people sample a bit, but if its hot at the end, who cares?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
YO MS, IM FELLIN YA FO REAL ON THAT, NAW MEAN SON?'

on another planet, in another time, another reality. if you want to get on here andbash people because they arent making what you think they should, go elsewhere, because we arent about that here. people should make whatever they feel like making, wether you lie it or not.

the whole sampling debate has been done to death on virtually every website out there. we dont need another one.

who cares if it sounds like a movie or not? certain people like to spit to those kind of tracks. they arent getting carried away because thats what they prefer to make...... i understand you are new to the site. welcome... but please chill on posts like this. your opinions are what they are and will be respected, but just ease up a little. hope you like the site.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Originally posted by m.s
YO,,I GOT ALL DAT DA MPC4000, REASON, KORG TRIOTRON,,,

C'mon dun not everybody has a triton and a mpc 4000 and all that other shit, i dont know how many times i gotta tell yall that, i have a COMPUTER and A TURNTABLE and i can hang wit a lot of producers out now so all that shit dont mean nothin. some of the greatest beats of all time were 100% percent sample, i bet that some of your favorite beats were sampled, its ok to state your opinion but dont come in here puttin people down like they have no creativity cuz they sample beats, cuz people are sure to take offense to it.....all i do is sample but all my drum tracks are original.some cats cant sample so they play they own sht, and some cats cant play shit so they sample, some people just dont have the resources. i use what i have....IF THE SHOE FITS FIND A MATCHING SHIRT!!!

and this movie thing is a popular style at the time like everything else comes and goes...Victory was one of the hottest beats of this style, but i bet u thought that was original didnt u???

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
da final product iz wat mattas like sum1 here said b4. a trck is either HOT or NOT. if it aint sampled it dont mean sum1 is gona feel it mo.
many manz go on like 50 cent in a way, i mean jus coz he got shot nine times he tink he da gr8est rappa, sum peeps jus coz dey dnt sample dey tink dey makin da sikest beatz. there r xceptions tho cuz i kno sum peeps, even on here on illmuzik dat dnt sample n make sum heavy ish.

mos of ma material is sample free n wit me da effort i put in it is no more or no less dan wen i sample. ie it takes da same hardwork to work wit a sample n wen composin sumtin entirely new.

i tink wat we hav here is h8ers on those dat sample. kayne west is dope , but sum guyz tink all he does is slap drums on a sped up sample.

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by pboyproducer
victory is a dope beat! where did they sample that from?? and please dont bash me for not knowing..lol

"Victory" uses Bill Conti's - Going the distance, which is featured on the soundtrack to Rocky.

Regarding the topic, sampling is cool, but making a beat from 100% samples (whether from other songs or sample CD's), just arranging loops etc, is in my personal opinion wack. That's not what I consider producing.

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
kool..i never really watched rocky..my friend when i was little had like every one..and when a marathon came on tv he would watch the whole thing and i would jus go to sleep..lol

m.s

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ACTORZ

CALL IT HATING,,BUT THAT SHIT IS REALITY...THE HOTTEST LYRICIST DONT SPIT ON MOVIE BEATZ... AND LETS REMEMBER PRODUCERS WE MAKE BEATZ FOR MCEES AND... THEY MAKE THE SONG HOT OR NOT....THE BEAT IS ONLY 45%OF THE FIRE.....http://www.soundclick.com/mysolutionz

Attachments

• m.s.jpg
    m.s.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 151

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
son did u notice the Victory comment, what about Triumph, be serious, its an element of hip-hop the beats control the rymes on these type of songs, its drama...imagine the lyrics to Victory on the hard knock life beat...thats like a Stephen King novel with a fairy tale ending...thats why there is more than one producer out, people have different styles, and taste..its aint 93 no more and people have to realize it aint all jazz now the game has changed....

....and by the way RZA did the score to "Kill Bill" for those who aint know.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
you can call it whatever you want, obviously you are too closed off to anything outside of your limited little box to understand anything else...

and you aint hating, i understand that, but you are coming off a little ignorant. why is this such a problem? you need to realize that hip hop is bigger than your own personal tastes, and quit worrying about what everyone else is making.

who the "hottest" may be to you isnt necessarily nice to someone else.

remember nas's "hate me now"? or the aforementioned "victory", or what about bustas "gimme some more" or mobb deep's "no place like home"..... you dont think "quiet storm" had a movie vibe to it? what about GZa's "Auto Bio"?

all of these have drmatic, movie-esque scores to them and are great songs, with excellent lyricists over them... you really have a pointless argument here.

B

BeatOff

Re: ACTORZ

Originally posted by m.s
CALL IT HATING,,BUT THAT SHIT IS REALITY...THE HOTTEST LYRICIST DONT SPIT ON MOVIE BEATZ... AND LETS REMEMBER PRODUCERS WE MAKE BEATZ FOR MCEES AND... THEY MAKE THE SONG HOT OR NOT....THE BEAT IS ONLY 45%OF THE FIRE.....http://www.soundclick.com/mysolutionz

What the hell are movie beats? LOL

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well think about those dre beats on bad boys 2 (the best part of the whole movie) he might be talking about those type beats..lol..actually that would be a score..maybe he doesn't know what a score is and calls them "movie beats" i don't know, kids these days.

members online