Ever Take Apart Your Midi Controller?

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Has anyone ever had to do this? I had a coin that fell in between the boards keys and was inside my Ozonic Keyboard. Its been in there forever klanking around everytime I moved it, So I got a screwdriver and took it apart to remove it, and thought to my self... what would be the luck of me putting the controller back together and it not work? It was scary, but I put it back together and all is good.

Anybody have any sad stories that relate?

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I kinda got shit that relates to taking electronics apart lol, since like 2 years old when I learned to use a screwdriver, I took everything apart, my mom used to get so pissed. I was like 7 or 8 and my mom got me Lego Mindstorms when it first came out or something.... it was like 200$ and it was like the last cash on her... took that shit apart lol. took apart the VCRs and TVs when i was like 3..... list goes on

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I kinda got shit that relates to taking electronics apart lol, since like 2 years old when I learned to use a screwdriver, I took everything apart, my mom used to get so pissed. I was like 7 or 8 and my mom got me Lego Mindstorms when it first came out or something.... it was like 200$ and it was like the last cash on her... took that shit apart lol. took apart the VCRs and TVs when i was like 3..... list goes on

hahahah. I assume everything worked again when you put it back together.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ehhh... most of it lmao. mom used to make me put it back together, and actualy did it at like 3 years old haha...... thats how I learned so much about electronics, she decided to send me to classes for it and everything, still to this day I be taking shit apart and fixing it if its broken

ill o.g.
Ive opened up a few without too many problems. Just be careful and look when your lifting shit off to make sure youre not pulling something loose or w/e...

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I used to take my sequential boards apart regularly (Prophet 10 and Multi-Trak). The Prophet was a beast to handle, definitely not for the faint of heart. I used to do it to tweak the tuning 'cause it would drift a bit.

The Multi Trak wasn't bad at all. I took that one apart once a year to replace the battery.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
i take em apart anyway, but thats easier said with some technical experience. Basically, you have nothing to be concerned about unless you're rough and forcing power on parts when not neccesary. A midi controller opposed to a synth (va) has a much simpler architecture and not so much sensitive parts. On mechanical parts i can ony say study parts and take pictures on how to assemble it back to one piece when not having experience.

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I've never really been to interested in taking mine to bits before. I remember though when i first got the Axion there was a warning sticker which said something like '' Don't open as inside contains led which could cause cancer '' .

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I spilt a little bit of Coke on my keys once, but it wasn't much and I got it out with Q-Tips. I was tempted to open it up but I chickened out.

Though I recently opened up my 4th Gen iPod to replace the battery. I got the battery of eBay for £1, though the tools that came with it broke trying to open it so I though fluck it and used a big ass kitchen knife. Then I didn't have a screwdriver small enough and had to go get one but it worked out ok surprisingly.I got Shrek like hands, anything like that I usually break.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've always been good at taking tghings apart and fixing them. I used to find old equipment in the garbage and fix it. Lol . Got my 1st turntable amp and mixer like that at age 12.

Last thing I took apart tho was one of my technic 1200's to replace the rca wire.. That joint got liuke literaly 27 screws u gotta take out... den had to solder da wires on.... it was a easy fix but a hassle wit all those screws.

Now my other one went out so ima fix that one soon too. ... had em for like 8-9 years now tho so ...

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Last thing I took apart tho was one of my technic 1200's to replace the rca wire.. That joint got liuke literaly 27 screws u gotta take out... den had to solder da wires on.... it was a easy fix but a hassle wit all those screws....

that's the achilles heel of the technics 1200, well built machine, except for that rca cable, I must have changed five of them in my life...