EMU 0404 recording in cool edit

nebulous

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I just bought an EMU 0404 yesterday. Anyone got any experience with this shit? I used to just my Extigy inputs to sample from vinyl to cool edit, but theres a pretty bad hum on the signal whenever I do that and the samples end up sounding like shit. When I pull up cool edit to record with the 0404 it doesn't have anything coming in. I got the turntable going through the mixer then to to the analog left and right inputs on the 0404.
Anyone know what settings I need to fuck with to make the 0404 record into cool edit ? Currenty I have the 0404 set as my recording sound card and the extigy as the playback card.
Thanks in advance.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
hmmm thats weird, i have the sample exact soundcard and cool edit. I have my turntable going to my mixer which goes into the left and right inputs, i got a splitter from radio shack. and make sure you change the settings on your computer to recognize the new soundcard and not the other one, becase my old soundcard was on my harddrive, and i have to turn it off to get the 0404 to work. and my cool edit just recognized it, but hit the red dot(record button) and it should go through, i dont know, i didnt have a problem recording

nebulous

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
alright well i uninstalled the extigy sound card. and i still dont get shit in cool edit when i try and record. also there is only sound on the left input and not the right. i dont know if they sold me a fucked card or what. I checked the cable and all that already. any more suggestions?

and i just noticed there is only playback on the left channel also. think its something in the dsp mixer or some shit?

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
when i have is a standard audio video cable and what you have to do is get a splitter for radio shack that can connect to the audio video cable that gives you two 1/4" ends, and you plug one into your red and the other into the white, this might help, i had the same problem with mine

you need something like this

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...032058.2032231.2032280&pg=4&parentPage=family

and get these two, and attach them to the ends

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...032058.2032231.2032280&pg=1&parentPage=family

and plug one into the red and the other in the white of your soundcard, this will record it evenly on the left and right

hope this helps..............

nebulous

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I'm just using a cable with 1/4" on each end with one red and one white. I got it coming from the output on my mixer to the two inputs on the soundcard. For some reason I'm not getting shit on the right input or on the right output. Like even if I just play and mp3 file only left speaker plays sound not the right. And when I try and record with cool edit I don't get shit. Here's some pics of what I have running. I'm thinking guitar center sold me a fucked up sound card.

Attachments

• output.jpg
    output.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 154
  • input.jpg
    input.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 98

nebulous

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
thats basically what I have. the audio cable is just a 1/4" size. so it's basically the same thing. I think the sound card is just fucked. I'm gonna exchange it at guitar center tomorrow. thanks for the tips though man.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
also on your cool edit pro do you have a top and bottom part when your record, when i got mine it would record loader in the top rather than the bottom, i did something to make it just one sample insteed of a left and right, if this makes sense this could be your problem, i dont think it is the soundcard

nebulous

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
well the problem isn't only in cool edit. even on the emu dsp mixer it only shows a signal coming in on the left side. also when i play mp3s or any file with any program there is only sound on the left side. thats why I'm thinking either the sound card is fucked or theres a setting somewhere in the EMU mixer shit I don't know about.

members online