Eminem Tour bus crash, Alchemist injured

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
bigdmakintrax said:
Damn too bad, I thought DJ Head was Eminems official DJ....

An Anger Management 3 tour bus whose passengers included Eminem's DJ, Alchemist, and the Detroit rapper's latest protégé, Atlanta's Stat Quo, collided with a pair of tractor-trailers just outside Odessa, Missouri, before overturning

Wednesday night, triggering a six-vehicle pileup that left 11 people seriously injured.

The injured were rushed to hospitals — some of them, via helicopter. Seven tour bus passengers sustained injuries, although police did not disclose specific details on what or how severe those injuries were.

Stat Quo, who was listed on the accident report by his real name, Stanley Benton, was taken to Independence Regional Health Center in Independence, Missouri, where he was treated for bumps and bruises and released, according to a hospital spokesperson. Stat's manager, Joseph Fendrick, was transported to the same hospital, where he's listed in fair condition; he sustained a broken arm and ankle.

Scott Cherry, a Shady Records bodyguard who protects 50 Cent and Eminem, was treated at and released from St. Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, Missouri. Alan Maman, better known as Alchemist, is still being treated at St. Luke's for broken ribs and a collapsed lung; his brother and co-manager, Neil Maman, also remains under hospital care, but his injuries were not known as of press time. Both are listed in good condition.

The bus' driver, Charlie Gilligard, and the tour's trainer, Robert Haddoni, were listed as being in stable condition at Independence Regional and Lee's Summit Hospital in Kansas City, respectively. Four others — drivers and passengers of the other vehicles involved — were treated and released, according to a police spokesperson.

According to a Missouri Highway Patrol accident report, the crash occurred just after 6 p.m. Wednesday on a heavily trafficked stretch of Interstate 70 outside Odessa. The bus — bound for Denver, the site of Thursday night's (July 14) Anger Management 3 tour stop — was "traveling at a high rate of speed" when its driver swerved onto the highway's shoulder to avoid the slower-moving tractor-trailers.

The bus slid off the right side of the roadway but then veered sharply to the left and back onto the highway, clipping one of the trucks.

The force from the impact shot the truck across several lanes of traffic and over the highway median, into the oncoming-traffic lane. The bus continued its trajectory, striking a second 18-wheeler. The brunt of that collision forced the bus onto its side; the vehicle came to rest on the highway's median, with a portion of the bus protruding into the eastbound lanes. Four other vehicles, including two motorcycles, collided with truck and bus debris.

According to the Kansas City Star, the driver of one of the tractor-trailers, Breck Wyngarden, estimated the bus' speed at 85 mph.

According to an Interscope Records spokesperson, the accident will not affect the remainder of the tour — which features 50 Cent, Eminem, Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz, G-Unit, D12, Obie Trice and Stat Quo — or the Denver concert. A substitute DJ is being sought to fill in for Alchemist until he's well enough to return to the tour. Stat Quo's status is in limbo, with label reps saying it is quite possible he will not take the stage in Denver. MTV News will be updating this developing story throughout the day.

[This story was originally published at 11:11 a.m ET on 07.05.2005]

— Chris Harris

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
haha, man. I just laughed...this is just to absurd.

well, it's good that this didn't turn out to be a new buddy holly accident.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
^^^^ i dont get why its funny

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Alch is fine

Today, The Alchemist spoke to SOHH.com from his hospital bed following a horrific bus crash on Wednesday. Although, still under hospital surveillance, Alchemist plans on returning to the Anger Management 3 Tour next week.

The Alchemist spoke briefly with SOHH.com from a Kansas City hospital bed. The producer extraordinaire had reassuring words for his concerned fans. "I'm ok. I broke a couple of ribs and have a bruised lung, but I just need a couple of days to recuperate. They could have release me today, but I think they going to keep me another day or two. But I'm fine."

Alchemist was among the most seriously injured after the Anger Management 3 Tour bus he was traveling on collided with a tractor-trailer; turning the bus over. Twelve people were hurt in the crash. Aftermath newest signee, Stat Quo was also injured but was treated and released from an area hospital. The bus was traveling from Chicago to Denver.

Despite his injuries, Alchemist has no intentions of slowing down. "I'll be back in a week. I want the fans to know that. I'll be back on the Anger Management tour in Las Vegas next week!

According to The Missouri State Highway Patrol, the bus was traveling westbound on I-70 and crashed roughly 25 miles east of Kansas City, when it ran on and off the highway before hitting a tractor-trailer. The bus then hit a semi-truck before turning over. The accident reportedly shut down westbound lanes of the interstate for close to two hours.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
wonder if he still blazes with that bruised lung

members online