Eminem retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
Qwerty said:
I'll agree with that, but anything BEFORE "Encore" and the last D12 album, his flow just kill all the name you mention.How abut "Renegades", "Cleaning Out My Closet", "Lose Yourself", "The Way I Am", "Till I Collapse"?? Nas has the same flow AGAIN AGAIN, even jayz said: switch your flow , your shit sound garbage.

O even Jay-z his hated enemy, what a surprise.

same thing goes for common he flows the same on every song eversince he came in the game.

Insanely wrong

I guess it's a preference thing..

Eminem developed his style from listening to Nas.

What musically is so dope about his flow? Be specific.

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
FTdub said:
Eminem developed his style from listening to Nas.
What musically is so dope about his flow? Be specific.

That's crazy to try and act like their styles are even remotely similar. I'm sure Nas influenced him in some ways, the same way we are all influenced by the many producers we hear, but it would help your argument to just go ahead and admit the obvious, that Eminem has always had his own original style.

What's so dope about him is the fact that he can ryhme so many syllables, staying on point one hundred percent, and doing it all so fluently. Stan, Lose Yourself, Til I collapse are a few examples.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Qwerty said:
We're talking about flow here, NOT LYRICS!!

Oh yeah, Nas got a better flow..oh yeah that boring Common flow is better than Em's flow..yeah right..

everything about common is doper then em... flow, voice, content, wordplay, production, etc....... EVERTHING....

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
everything about common is doper then em... flow, voice, content, wordplay, production, etc....... EVERTHING....

i dont think thats 100% accurate... i think we have some favouritism blurring your opinion there man.

sAfE.

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Let's put it this way. If Em had been smarter and not put out as many nonsense songs in his career (ass like that, just lose it, etc.), and had replaced those with more of his better stuff, he could have gone down as the greatest rapper in history. But with those, I'd say he hasn't earned that all-around title, but he's still the greatest in several aspects.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
this coming from the shady/aftermath poster boy for biased fans.........

please

commmon is a better lyricist- the man write more songs with more substance over a longer period of time. CONTENT... and LOTS of it.

his wordplay-people are STILL finding lines from 10 years ago that they are just now figuring out.... ressurection alone is loaded with double and triple meaning lines.......

he ROUTINELY outshines the rappers he guests on. see your hero kanye on "get em high" for a great example.

is voice... great. one of the top 5 best voices in my book.

longevity.... consistancy... he didnt put out all the BS songs em did just for kicks and giggles. SIX ALBUMS. only one of which was largely scrutinized-were talking critics and fans/haters.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
this coming from the shady/aftermath poster boy for biased fans.........

please

commmon is a better lyricist- the man write more songs with more substance over a longer period of time. CONTENT... and LOTS of it.

his wordplay-people are STILL finding lines from 10 years ago that they are just now figuring out.... ressurection alone is loaded with double and triple meaning lines.......

he ROUTINELY outshines the rappers he guests on. see your hero kanye on "get em high" for a great example.

is voice... great. one of the top 5 best voices in my book.

longevity.... consistancy... he didnt put out all the BS songs em did just for kicks and giggles. SIX ALBUMS. only one of which was largely scrutinized-were talking critics and fans/haters.

You can't be serious, Common's flow is just too fuckin boring. You talked about wordplay, content..but i was talking about the flow. Give Common a little Jon beat to see what'll he do..he just won't do anything cuz his flow is not versatile at all.

You can say that:

Common has more content than eminem and has better lyrics : i can agree with that
Nas has more content than eminem and has better lyrics : i can agree with that too
Black Though has more content than eminem and has better lyrics : i can agree with that too

But you gotta be kidding if you think any of the previous flow better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.