Editing in Acid 4.0

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ima keep this question simple how do you overlap 2 wavs on the same track in acid so that they dont cut each other off?

also how do u reverse a portion of a track in acid ( ex: missy "work it" )

1 more thing does acid have a full mixer like in other programs?.. i opened the mixer and it only has a master fader how do you add chanell faders?

thanks in advance for any help

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
how do you overlap 2 wavs on the same track in acid so that they dont cut each other off?
please explain this question more, why do you want them on the same track? I've never seen any wav's in acid cut each other off

if you have sound forge, right click the track in acid and click edit ind soundforge, reverse it with the porcess function and save. If you dont have sound forge I guess you have to open the sound in another editor and save.

1 more thing does acid have a full mixer like in other programs?.. i opened the mixer and it only has a master fader how do you add chanell faders?
the numbered tracks on each side act as pots, click the delta to acces volume, pan, and any eq or effect envelopes

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
FTdub said:
how do you overlap 2 wavs on the same track in acid so that they dont cut each other off?
please explain this question more, why do you want them on the same track? I've never seen any wav's in acid cut each other off

OK like if theres a chorus at the begining and i wanna copy and paste it at the end on the same track but the way the song flows the rappers still flowing a few seconds after th chorus begins .when i paste the wav on the track on top of the end of the current wav it cuts the current 1 off.

FTdub said:
if you have sound forge, right click the track in acid and click edit ind soundforge, reverse it with the porcess function and save. If you dont have sound forge I guess you have to open the sound in another editor and save.

oh ok so u can edit it in an external editor str8t from acid and it will save thefile in its same place in acid. cool i thought i had to take the accapella and edit inanother program then redo the whole remix.

FTdub said:
the numbered tracks on each side act as pots, click the delta to acces volume, pan, and any eq or effect envelopes

yeah i know bout that on the actual traks them selves the horizontal faders. i dont like mixing with them especialy when you have like 14 15 tracks open @ 1nce or more.
which is why im tryna overlap portions of the same file on the same track instead of opening 3 , 4 tracks just to get it to overlap u feel me. the mixer veiw should have vertical chanell faders.

Obsidian Blue said:
You can't. Just right click the track and duplicate it to overlap it.

DAMN dats the only way 1 didnt wanna have to go thru dat (see answer above)
thats 1 thing im not liking about acid. if u wanna put just snipepet from a file some where else in the track u gotta open a new chanell. so u end up with like 30 chanells /tracks open for like 5 files... u feel whatim saying?

A

Amtrax

find the spot you wanna chop the chorus out, put the curser on the exact positions one at a time,, once you have the curser in position, right click mouse,select "split at curser/selecter" do this again to determin the finish, then right click the portion, copy , then paste it at the end or were ever u want,,(

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
DAMN dats the only way 1 didnt wanna have to go thru dat (see answer above)
thats 1 thing im not liking about acid. if u wanna put just snipepet from a file some where else in the track u gotta open a new chanell. so u end up with like 30 chanells /tracks open for like 5 files... u feel whatim saying?[/QUOTE]

I get it now, just view chopper, cut out what you don't want and insert the snippet in whatever track, or make a snippet in the track and copy and paste it where you want it.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
DJFANTOM said:

I still use 3.0 but I don't think this would be different. Open the mixer field and click on add bus. add as many for each channel as you need. Then go back to the track field next to the horizontal faders and click on the button next to the mute and solo button. This button should allow you to assign that track to any bus you've created. Now the bus acts as a mixing control for the assigned track with mute, solo, a more precise panning, and a vertical level meter! And you should be able to save the settings in preferences to keep the additional busses when opening a new project. Hope this isn't to far off.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ShortFuze said:
I still use 3.0 but I don't think this would be different. Open the mixer field and click on add bus. add as many for each channel as you need. Then go back to the track field next to the horizontal faders and click on the button next to the mute and solo button. This button should allow you to assign that track to any bus you've created. Now the bus acts as a mixing control for the assigned track with mute, solo, a more precise panning, and a vertical level meter! And you should be able to save the settings in preferences to keep the additional busses when opening a new project. Hope this isn't to far off.

thanks thats exactly the kind of info i needed ima try it 2morrow .