Edirol Orchestra

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I just got this and its pretty tight im likin it alot. I cant figure out how to keep the instrument saved when i exit out of fl though. I save the project with my instrument of choice in edirol already selected and then when i come back to the project it is back at the default flute and i have to change it back(gets annoying when you use a few edirol tracks!) can somebody shed some light. Thanks
Tree

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
... actually, I also have Orchestra, but it's not really to my liking (my opinion). As for your query, Click on the "system" button... I dont remember totally, since I stopped using it... sorry

Anybody else?

O

open mind

Saving Instruments, and their settings.

1. Click on the System button within the VST. Once you've done that, the System Setting box should appear on screen.
2. Go to File, then select Save Performance. Save it as (Orchestral - Beat 09, or something like dat). It'll save as an .ope file.

When you open up your project, everything will still be reset back to the default instruments, but all you have to do now, is:

1. Click on the System button within the VST. Once you've done that, the System Setting box should appear on screen.
2. Go to File, but instead of selecting Save Performance, select Load Performance. Now, load the saved file, and everything will be just da way you left it.

...or just bounce/extract/track out the individual tracks as wave files.

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
You gotta use the MIDI out channels and assign the knobs and shit to everything you wanna change and it will change. give me a lil bit and ill throw up a few pics and show ya what im saying.

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
Open FL Studio and then load up Orchestral. Next load up a MIDI out channel. Change the PORT settings on each to match, for my example this is "1".

1.JPG

Next select a channel on the MIDI out. Since this is the first intrsument I am assigning I will use "1". Now on the first bank of Orchestral pick which instrument you want to use. I chose "Slow Strings". Next to the patch name is some numbers. For "Slow Strings" it says "P-0, 030". If I want to maintain this setting. I insert those numbers into the MIDI out like shown in the next pic.

2.JPG

Now just record your notes into the piano roll for the MIDI out channel and you are all set.

Repeat the process for up to 16 instruments. After that you will have to load a second instance of Orchestral and assign it to a new port # and repeat the steps for setting up the MIDI out.

Now your instrument selection will remain the same forever more.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Go Reason!!!!

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
The MIDI out channels Pan/Volume will control the pan and volume settings on Orchestral for the selected channel. All other tweaks under the edit button on Orchestral can also be controlled by assigning the corresponding CC# to knobs on the MIDI out channels panel of assignable knobs.

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
Everything you wanna tweak needs to be controlled via midi or it all resets every time you press stop and then hit play again. drove me nuts for awhile until i figured it out.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^^Nice! Thx a lot homz...