drum solo techniques on mpc/trigger finger/etc

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
okay, i just got my trigger finger a few months ago, and having been messing around making some pretty good drum beats on it. usually tho it takes me a while to get the drum pattern exactly how i want it and i have to build it up in layers- like start with the kick and snare, then add high hat, then add percussion etc.

my question is this: how do i get good at live drumming on the thing? i've seen a bunch of videos on youtube and stuff of people that are absolutely sick at making live beats and drum solos on mpc's. whats their technique? how did they get good at this? how do i learn to make beats like this?

heres an example of what i'm talking about:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&n=2&videoid=844846129

obviously it'll take forever to get that good, but i need to start somewhere cause right now i suck, haha

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if ur using software latency can be a problm and can stop a lot of that natural feeling when u hit them pads and if not than u just gotta practice. best thing to do is get ur fav song and copy the drum pattern this will help u learn the basics and give u some exp.

izodone

The Wizard Of ODD
ill o.g.
Practice and assign morew than one sound to a pad so that when you hit them at different velocities it'll trigger different sounds.not sure if you can do that on yours but on the 2500 you can assign up to four sounds to one pad with different triggering velocities.

members online