Dr. Dre, Scott Storch, Timbaland producing

D

djcham

Anybody know what kind of setup these guys got?? i for sure know they aint using fruity looops...

what kind of software do you think they use? or are they all hardware????

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Mostly Hardware I think . Grab Scratch Magzine it tells you what Gear People Use

But What Most People Around here will Tell u is its not the Gear its the Person Controllin the Gear That Makes it Sound Good or Bad

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Get the firsyt Scratch Mag. It shows Dre with 5 MPC3000s. I think Tim uses the ASR 10 for most of his stuff. Not sure what Storch uses. But it is the person behind the wheel, not the car.

X

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
unless one person has a mclaren F1 and the other has a rover metro

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I seen setups from Timbo a few times over the years in some mags, there used to be sites up with his setup and Teddy Rileys old studio he uses a lot of different hardware in there, most people on the inside of the industry that have a setup could use software but swinging with the big leagues about 99% of them cats have some type of hardware or hybrid setup up you can bet your bottom dollar on that.....Imma look in my old bookmarks and see if I can find it....I remember Timbo's old beatclub bus, he had a triton and an mpc in there a few years ago.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
THe thing about the whole "it's not what you use" saying... it's not entirely true. Some people do need better sounds and/or equipment cause FL studio's sound like shit.

And as far as Dre's prodution, I think his beats are incredible but what's w/ all the co producers in these simple ass beats? I swear I'd hear like 3 different instruments in a beat and there'd be like 800 co=producers. I mean, what the hell is dre doing?

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
Manji said:
THe thing about the whole "it's not what you use" saying... it's not entirely true. Some people do need better sounds and/or equipment cause FL studio's sound like shit.

And as far as Dre's prodution, I think his beats are incredible but what's w/ all the co producers in these simple ass beats? I swear I'd hear like 3 different instruments in a beat and there'd be like 800 co=producers. I mean, what the hell is dre doing?

good point about that "its not what you use", my friend uses FL and i gota say, lol the sounds that come with it are doodoo compared to reason's presets. lol also that thing about a simple ass beat and lots of co-producers, ive always wondered the same thing. but when you think about it, say if a track has 5 tracks, then we could have : drums programming-producer 1, guitars-producer 2, keys-producer 3, strings-producer 4, arranging-coproducer1, effects-producer 5 etc... and the list goes on

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Manji said:

LOLL, that is so funny and true, like that WestSide Story on Game. You got a drum, a hard piano, high pitch piano and some guit. The beat is sample as hell, and it's Dre and Scott Storch. Either of them could've done alone! lol

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
each program and piece of gear has their own merits, bet if i had the gear and experience that dre and storch and tim have we would all be churning out beats, but in the mean time ill try to get the best sound out of fruityloops that i can

Chief Wakil

ill o.g.
I know Dre got people playin instruments as well as just bein on the keyboards and beat machines. but fo real, it is all about how u use what u got.

members online