Dr. Dre Beatz (Headphones)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah, they are noise cancelling headphones...apparently they don't work at all if the batteries die.

I saw a comparison to a set of Bose headphones.....Bose wins by a hair.

I hear the Beats headphones are a little to high on the low end, while the Bose is more balanced.

Manufacturer's Specifications

Drivers: 40mm
Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz
Sensitivity: 110dB
Maximum Output: 115dB
Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 1.5% at 1kHz out 1mW
Active Noise Reduction: -14dB (at maximum)
Rated Wattage (L + R): 60mW
Weight: 270 grams (250 without batteries)
Connector: 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini-plug, gold-plated
Cable Length: 1.3 meters
Color: Black with silver and red accents
Warranty: 1 Year
MSRP: $349.95

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
spoke to my local guitar center rep and he said out of 10 that they sold, 6 were returned due to blown out speakers. thats kinda shocking considering these are supposed to handle low ends better than regular headphones.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Get a hold of some Bose headphones....

Sony MDR 7509HD

There are very very capable headphones out there with similar ranges for way less money and don't use noise cancelling and don't need batteries.. (one of the Bose joints use batteries for noise cancelling, only...so if the batteries die....the headphones still work).

The Beats by dre have just become more of a fashion/status thing than anything else...I personally wouldn't buy it with my money... If it's given to me, great...I'll just exchange them for something else and use the extra money to buy something else..

How the hell do you blow them out? Shit...must be either a shitty player or they're not limiting the sound and putting them too loud....

inflict3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hahahahahaha!!! i would never buy those, even if they were 20 dollars... I'll stick with my senneiser hd 280

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
i heard em...they are dope for listening to music, not sure I'd use them for production, but general playback the stuff sounds nice. Definitely hyped up on the low end...but not too bad. I'll get some skullcandies before those though lol.

Not as a studio phone, but just for general listening/beatmaking.

i'm partial to the audio technicas mt50 joints...gotta grab a pair

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
They sound nice, they are definatly a luxury item as opposed to a funtional tool. I bought em cause they sound great look dope and cause the chronic was the first tape i bought! Also got a 100 discount, i dnt think id pay full price for em, they are kinda flimsy...if your looking for a good pair of headphones to WORK with check out ultalrasone's HFI line...they are unfuckwitable, they are designed for prolonged sessions, the cone is positioned futher away amd at an angle so that the vibrations travel directly down your ear canal...dont waste money on bose...ever. For another 50 bucks you can get a pair of PRO cans.