Don't make type beats

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
What I've done in the past is make beats in my own style and then say, it's type this or type that if it sounds close enough to another artist for branding. I typically have not made type beats outright.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
What I've done in the past is make beats in my own style and then say, it's type this or type that if it sounds close enough to another artist for branding. I typically have not made type beats outright.
not sure how that would help your brand by removing any individuality from it. Maybe you meant marketing. But even that probably wouldn't be the best thing.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
not sure how that would help your brand by removing any individuality from it. Maybe you meant marketing. But even that probably wouldn't be the best thing.
Yeah, it is just for marketing purposes at times (depends on the platform) for example, on Beatstars, most people search by the type of beat it is. It's not always after a rapper.

Yomni

Battle Points: 2
Honestly I just use "Type Beat" just for the title.... The beats themselves is not anything like a type beat.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Honestly I just use "Type Beat" just for the title.... The beats themselves is not anything like a type beat.

I still see it as being detrimental. It's literally labelling your work as un original. Whether it is or isn't.

And tbh majority of trap will by default be a "type beat", 'cause it's such a specific sub genre with kind of 'requirements'/standards (if you like) to make it be classed as that sound; half time, hihat rolls, blocky 808s, pitch warp. And the texture is so specific.

I've honestly stopped listening to most hip-hop as the songs all sound the same; beat as above, triplet flow, mumble, autotune, uttering nonsense phrases, raaaarely any actual rhyme skills.

And on top of that, quality control has disappeared. Artists are expected to release like every night. So out actual dog shit for the sake of releasing something.

Facts, btw.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I still see it as being detrimental. It's literally labelling your work as un original. Whether it is or isn't.

And tbh majority of trap will by default be a "type beat", 'cause it's such a specific sub genre with kind of 'requirements'/standards (if you like) to make it be classed as that sound; half time, hihat rolls, blocky 808s, pitch warp. And the texture is so specific.

I've honestly stopped listening to most hip-hop as the songs all sound the same; beat as above, triplet flow, mumble, autotune, uttering nonsense phrases, raaaarely any actual rhyme skills.

And on top of that, quality control has disappeared. Artists are expected to release like every night. So out actual dog shit for the sake of releasing something.

Facts, btw.

Truth re: Hip Hop & quality control.

members online