Does where you from affect your sound ?

B

BeatTRibe

To some extent it doesn't, but I dunno living in the yay area does seem to influence my sound whether I like it or not. There is such a mix of people here that I think it'll seep in no matter what.

Do you think where you live affects your sound ?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Somewhat, but not totally. Montreal's got a sort of NY vibe to its music, and my beats are kinda like that. But now I just make music regardless. Whatever I'm feeling at the moment. Nowhatimsayin?

P

ProZak

yeah every scene has a certain vibe and it's reflected in the music, but differences between individuals are usually bigger than differences between area's...but it definately matters...here in holland every city has a somewhat unique sound even though most of the big cities in holland are only 50 kilometers apart

C

Copenhagen

Denmark in general is very influenced by the NY vibe and our music used to be very similar, everybody was doing Mobb Deep, Nas and Gangstarr like beats...but the Danish culture has developed tremendously through the years and is starting to create many different genres, which is good. Also, the west of Denmark has started doing a lot of Westcoast like rap music...

This means that a lot of artists are hitting other countries and touring Europe with american rappers which means they come back with new influences that are mixed with the Danish style...

The only problem is that Denmark only consists of 5 million people and out if them, only 10.000 or so are genuinly down with Hip-Hop...this sometimes makes some things very inbreed like...

But to get back to the question...yes it matters.
If you live in a big city you get the impulses from the city which you don't get in the countryside.
And if you live in fx Hispanic areas you get the vibe from that.
Also, the weather matters. If it's hot you tend to make some types of beats and fx in Denmark where its usually cold...we tend make other types of beats...

fiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
That weather shit is true man. Today was the sunniest and warmest day in a while here and i laid down a track that was most definitely a reflection of that...