Does It Make Cents?

J-Beats

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Do producers get a percentage of album sales if they do a track on it like 3 cents a album for example. because swizzy say he sold 96 million records and if you do the math thats major guap.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
swizz has major paper .. he was on E's top ten hip hop richest or something like that ... they said he netted something like 17 million last year... WOW ... others made more like diddy,jay,50,dre etc ... but the thing is swizzy made all that paper pretty much on producing wereas other cats made it on endorsements, and business deals... the only artist or producer that arguably made more money than swiss this year and last year on music alone is timbo

O

open mind

wow swizzi is smart ass.good bizzness role model. why get paid just once? pay me evertime i sell ! good job swizz.

T

TheMost

i find it hard to believ swizz made that much, yoo thats a lot of cake. I know he had most of the hits in 06 but yet and still.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
maybe it wasnt 17 million cuz my memory is shady but it was def somewhere above ten though .. im sure of that ... the other thing is he dont really sample so im sure he sees a larger percentage of his royalties. he might even own his own publishing which is key. shit .. i heard his price can go as high like 200 grand... add sample free royalties, plus he owns his own label too where he puts his sample free production on those tracks.. shit ... hes prolly still seein checks from ruff ryders anthem .. swizzys adavntage is that he can do soo many tracks .. he said in some interview that he does like 80-100 tracks in a year, evrything from joints that dont make the album to mixtape joints to big time realesases. thats alot of tracks. I doubt any producer stays as active.