Do you guys ever feel burnt out?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I got burnt out when I smoked weed....

But as was said earlier....the more you make it your "job", the more it becomes exactly that...as well as all the stresses that come along with a job.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Sure, IllMuzik has turned into a great thing, but not nearly what I was hoping for it to be (really big and popular) but I think it has to do mainly with the fact that hip hop production is a small area in music. If this was a site like Allhiphop or Hiphopdx where all we do is report about hip hop shit, then it would be different, but just production? It's like I've accidentally cornered myself and can't get out.

A lot of people, even some so called vets now never saw illmuzik at it's best. I think illmuzik was on it's way to being a huge success but it was based on mainstream hip hop moreso than anything else and when mainstream hip hop dropped off, it took it's toll here as well. BUT! the result of what happened really united the true heads and a super tight community developed from basically - one big clusterfuk. I understand how that would make you feel "accidentally cornered" but you should also be somewhat proud of what you have now.

I think a lot of the new cats that join these days misunderstand the bond that has formed between the regular members and if they aren't accepted right off the bat, they eventually become discouraged and leave or just play in the background. Most of us welcome them with open arms but as soon as they do something stupid or make a stupid statement, we jump all over them...lmao. They inturn, say fukit and don't come back. I don't think that we're doing it to run them away. It's just how we respond to stupid ish no matter who it comes from, new or old. The regulars know how to take it and move on or retaliate with something back at whoever insulted them. I guess it's as harmful as it is funny but there's no real hard feelings (I don't think...).

In any case, illmuzik is as small as it's ever been but it's as dope as well. Just my thoughts.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
A lot of people, even some so called vets now never saw illmuzik at it's best. I think illmuzik was on it's way to being a huge success but it was based on mainstream hip hop moreso than anything else and when mainstream hip hop dropped off, it took it's toll here as well. BUT! the result of what happened really united the true heads and a super tight community developed from basically - one big clusterfuk. I understand how that would make you feel "accidentally cornered" but you should also be somewhat proud of what you have now.

I think a lot of the new cats that join these days misunderstand the bond that has formed between the regular members and if they aren't accepted right off the bat, they eventually become discouraged and leave or just play in the background. Most of us welcome them with open arms but as soon as they do something stupid or make a stupid statement, we jump all over them...lmao. They inturn, say fukit and don't come back. I don't think that we're doing it to run them away. It's just how we respond to stupid ish no matter who it comes from, new or old. The regulars know how to take it and move on or retaliate with something back at whoever insulted them. I guess it's as harmful as it is funny but there's no real hard feelings (I don't think...).

In any case, illmuzik is as small as it's ever been but it's as dope as well. Just my thoughts.

Completely agreed. And Fade, I think the evolution of ILL is one that will quench your sentiments. Depending on how the label turns out, you'll have a good situation to venture out and explore, as well as options for alot.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
lol, thats going to be an awesome ill party...we have to keep check on members wether theyre drinking, smoking or both...i see an ill brawl in the future

Well put Dac, even though im not mainstream at all but i dont see any difference when it comes to producing, the ethics are the same...okay, its used to be a producer forum so in those regards the genre isnt relevant.

I like the fact that BS gets cornered on Ill, fade doesnt need to watch over the board as ill community keeps things in check on its own.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
lmao, it's really like you got to go through an initiation here. Once you do it, you become one of the brotherhood. Sometimes i'll sit here at my desk and burst out laughing...my wife always asks me what's so funny? and i'll say something like "Fade (or whoever) said some crazy ish on the boards...". She'll laugh and say "OK", then life goes on...

To all you newcomers or background dwellers (those that come to the site but don't sign in) if you read this thread...please note: "NOBODY" is gonna come to illmuzik and just be in... you guys have got to make it through the little trial period and then you'll be good to go. Speak up so everybody can get a feel for you and try not to come off as a know-it-all or a smart@$$, (there are some really smart cats here) and your feelings will get hurt...hahahaha. j/k well maybe not. You guys are welcome .

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
You will get pwned.