DJ Premier on the 1's and 2's tonight

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
yeah i saw him last year it was a great show he played hit after hit it was crazy then he played the originals to what people sample it was good

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
This shit is free before ten too, so definitely worth leaving the house for....

I'll definitely be in the house, anyone want to meet up for a pint, PM me...

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
BK/NY/NJ/CT illfam,
Anyone interested in hearin some great music, DJ Premier is spinnin tonight at Sputnik in Fort Greene Brooklyn. They actually have a pretty good system, I saw him play there last year.
His DJ style is ill, it's a lot more diverse than his production, highly recommended to all.
PEACE

http://www.barsputnik.com/eventsview.php?m=02&y=2007

Is that the spunick that is right over there on dekalb and taffe... thats 2 blocks away from my crib,(im over on quincy and franklin).. I may have to check that out, me and my frat brothers were looking for somewhere to drink tonight... whats the cover

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Zero bro,
Fuckin nada.
Just get there before ten, I would get there around 9:30 to play it safe.
I'll have my black and red puma tracksuit on, I'd be that white boy with the black glasses.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Zero bro,
Fuckin nada.
Just get there before ten, I would get there around 9:30 to play it safe.
I'll have my black and red puma tracksuit on, I'd be that white boy with the black glasses.

LOL thats whats up, if i roll threw (im about 50/50) ill be the 6;4 angry black dude drinking apple martini's lol

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
seen premo nuff time man and he is wack! unless, that is you want party tracks thrown down your neck all night.....tho i only seen him in england, so it might be different, but youd think if you are on tour, you should be trying to nail each show proper surely?

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
seen premo nuff time man and he is wack! unless, that is you want party tracks thrown down your neck all night.....tho i only seen him in england, so it might be different, but youd think if you are on tour, you should be trying to nail each show proper surely?
party tracks? like mainstream shit? or he played party tracks he produced?

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
main stream man, as well as cheesy funk and soul, didnt get a sniff of any boom bap all night, not even one gangsttarr tune!!!!

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
What up fam.
I was there for four hours (9:30 - 1:30) saw a great band from 10-11, then waited around for Primo. His cousin or somethin like that was playing for two hours, played out party music. Good for newbie listeners, bad for hardcore beat junkies like myself. Had to work today so jetted. On the wayout, I was saying "what's up, where's Primo?". They said he ws stuck in traffic.
You know he was probably zooted as shit trying to finish up a mix and couldn't get to the club at a decent time....

Anyways, regarding show in the UK, I'm sure it was watered down. When I saw him in BK last year, it was all underground, local dope shit. A lot of unreleased gems, white labels, etc...

And as far as his skills as a DJ, he is nasty with the cuts and the song selection. Check out Crooklyn Cuts, that's one of the best mixtape series ever IMO...

one more thing, so obvious, but went early to avoid the cover:

hip hop artists smoke copious amounts of weed

therefore

all hip hop shows start late (two to five hours after the club opens).

I've seen this shit time and time again since I been going to shows. Only exception is stadium shows, those are run like the army....

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
main stream man, as well as cheesy funk and soul, didnt get a sniff of any boom bap all night, not even one gangsttarr tune!!!!

damn leicster got played it seems

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
it was leeds where i saw em, but yea looks like we got played, haha,

tho madlib apparantly loved playing leeds so much, he came back with 3 months!!! big show that, never seen a club so packed out, guess that was why it was heavy...

members online

No members online now.