dizzee rascal...

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
just wonderin what any of you heads outside the uk think of him??

everyone over here on the commercial side of things is goin on like he's an inspirational hip hop artist, but i think that's complete bullshit. his rhymes are basic crap, the sort of thing you would expect to hear out of a 5 year olds mouth. he's a shit producer. he's nothing!

even some of our countries biggest hip hop djs are backin him for whatever reason, but most people into underground uk hip hop/garage know how shit he really is.

i've spoke to a couple of american heads thru the net and they've said he's gettin mad love over there?

so yeah, just wonderin what your opinions are on him?

boneyboys

50 Million Year Trip
ill o.g.
Dizzee's ok, his rhymes and stuff are pretty real I think but I don't like the production, its far too garage-y and I can't stand that stuff. Definitely overexposed in the UK though, hes not as good as he's made out to be.

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
Definetely not as gud as hes made out to be. That song "i got the big beat" is terrible!!!! whad he do? make a beat, then a horrrriiiibbbllleee sample of some annoyin person sayin "I... got the big beat" and then that annoying line "fix up... look sharp" and his punk ass voice! my granny can rhyme better! haha!

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
oops sorry but boneyboys that line under ur message, aint that Jurassic 5, is it concrete and clay or concrete schoolyard? anyway J5 rock!!!!!! I got all the albums even the limtied edition power in numbers and big up dj nu-mark!!!!

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
dizzy is a garage mc don't know y some forums are tyring to say he is hip hop him and dat white dude who talks over dnb

DjDelay

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
His song "Big Beat" is SOOO lame when you hear Dizee's song then hear the original by Billy Squire.

Overall i think he's ok, because his style is different. But he's hyped up way too much.

(Oh yeh, he didn't deserve the mercury music award)

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
man u guys really hate him dont you. i think theres 2 much hype on him, but i think he's a decent artist, altho the voice is irritating. that 'fix up ' track was really catchy, tho, and in one episode of 'smallville', this superman show, his track was like the theme of the whole episode, so i guess he's kinda gettin known in the us

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I agree with Af-D...I really dont feel tha majority of his work either, but i also dont think hes entirely wack for that matter. Its not like hes doin tha next new shit, but not too many people are for that matter anywhere...

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
dizzees aight... seems like a nice bloke... all that matters if u ask me... a nice bloke makin a lot of money... fair play to him... i haven't bought his album, but i don't particularly hate him...

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
however... "Jus' A Rascal" Is a fucking banger!

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yea my friend was tellin me about it and i finally saw it the other day, its ridiculous, i thought it was a joke. But i guess he's doin something right

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
I reviewed his new cd for my radio station and yeah I thought it was a piece of crap. Definately dont like drum and bass as my source of hip hop. But hey hes only like 19, but I say let him stay in the UK lol.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I haven't heard any of his music but I read an article in Remix Magazine. He said he doesn't spend more than twenty minutes on a beat. I wasn't checking for him after I read that. I started laughing because I thought of the guy from In Living Color Calhoun Tubbs, a one-note blues guitar player that had the world record for the most songs written because they were only 13 seconds long....hilarious.

illusion

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think hes just full of ish and cant rap or produce, hes getting overated by too many people thats why hes big in uk. the $hitte$st lyrics ive heard and dont make sense. and no hes not hip hop.