Digidesign Mbox 2 with Pro Tools LE 7

King

ill o.g.
Im thinking of purchasing one dose anybody else use this and cant it be connect to a akai mpc 2000. any information u can provide would be helpful.

E

Equality 7-2521

i use an mbox 1 with le7. mbox 2 is better though as far as sound quality and also the headphone level is independent of the main outputs on the mbox 2. LE 7 is dope but still missing some features. ive never used an mpc with PT but yes it can be done.

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
it only has 2 ins so I would look for something with more IN's when trying to track a 12-14 track beat with only 2 ins is very time consuming. I use a AW16G with 8 ins for my MPC I get a 16 track beat done in 2 passes. which might take 5-6 min. On a mbox a 16 track beat could take a hour of more. So if you are gonna do pro tools I would look into pro tools m powerd or digi 002

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Equality 7-2521 said:
i use an mbox 1 with le7. mbox 2 is better though as far as sound quality and also the headphone level is independent of the main outputs on the mbox 2. LE 7 is dope but still missing some features. ive never used an mpc with PT but yes it can be done.

phones are independent on Mbox 1 too....

Snuffdaddy

ill o.g.
King said:
I have a tascam 8 track recorder but i wanna have my mpc interface qith my laptop
Yeah thats nice and all, but without the 8 outs for your mpc, you'll only be able to track two tracks in one pass through the master/stereo outs... That why I was asking.

I'm guessing you don't have the expansion board for the 2K. But if you go with the Mbox, you wouldn't use it anyway as that Digidesign unit only has two inputs I believe.

Jenre

ill o.g.
Both mboxes have four inputs. 2 analog and 2 s/pdif.

The mbox1 can't use the analog and digital at the same time.
The mbox2 can use the analog and digital at the same time.