Different Basslines

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Sup,

Can anybody fill me in on where I can find or how to create my own basslines. Not just an average bass.....I'm looking for something similar to the one used in Dead Prez - Hip Hop. I can't think of any others right now but I'm sure yall know the style I'm talking about. Help me out

Pz

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
yah, try absynth or another synthesizer. ...

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
u should try out novation bass station it has a ton of good bass patches i think i heard sumthin similair to that on it.im not sure if theres a demo of it but if anything peep "www.audiofarm.cc" u can "try" out tons of software from there but make sure u support the companies by buyin thier software if u use it!!!!!!

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
dead prez hip hop is an easy bass sound to ducplicate jus fiddle with any bass module using a sine wave and jus twist knobs n what not till u get it.

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
Bosta said:
Thanks All
Yeah actually i think the bass used in ded prez (the hip hop bass anyway-) is a preset on the micro-korg. I got the microkorg and it is amazing for basslines! the neptunes use it and love it!! in fact u can hear it in almost all their songs! but that bass in "hip-hop" is a drum and bass style sound and pattern. I dont think ull get a gud one in absyth as its sounds tend to be more obscure and unusual but the micro-korg is worth the investment for the bass sounds alone and also its fully synth feel, and totally programmable. kinda feels like an analog syth only digital. Cop one now!

members online