DAMN it!!! I hate when I found a hot sample and it happens to be a known one!!

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
First I was going to ask what sample Just B used on Breathe, but i found it my self, and it was the song that I download that I wasn't sure. Supertramp Crime Story, that freaking sucks, do you imagine that if i had found that sample 3-4 months earlier I would've made such a great beat!!!

Have this happened to you before? Sometime I find a hot sample, and I go look it on www.the-breaks.com, and see it has been used, but does someone has something else cuz that site is really not update as fuck

* and you know what's worst now? i found another hot sample from them, but it's from the same album, so just Blaze obviously came across this one too, so there's no point of using it...or maybe not lol

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
In my opinon, if you alter the sample enough, or even if it just suits you beat enough, I actually see no reason why you shouldn't use it. And if you came across the same sample as you say you did, pretty much by chance, its not like you're copying Just Blaze anyway.

EDIT - my browser fucked up as I posted that, can someone delete my previous post?

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i made a beat from a Supertramp record. i couldnt give a fuck, no ones gonna tell.

sAfE.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
yeah, but you wouldnt have made "breathe" the way he did. you wouldnt have had the resources to make it blow up if you did.

just because someone uses a sample well, doesnt mean that you would have freaked it just as well.

think of the sample as art class; every artist has to draw the same picture. some may draw better, others worse, but there will be one who draws it in a way that may not be as good, but stands out in such a way that everyone takes notice. some artists focus on certain details that others dont see.

sorry, but having found that sample wouldnt have done a thing for yuo. chances are yuo would have sampled the intro. that song has so many parts, who is to say you would have picked those three bars or so?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
it is annoying however with that track just blaze did such a good job of using it that i don't think anyone else would have really been able to do wot he did !
I remember when i found a tight bo hansson loop sampled it made a track and couldn't stop playing it and then found out cormega had already sampled it and he did exactly wot i had done which is basically just a loop but i woz gutted at that !

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I agree with the one who said if you used the sample it wouldn't of been the same... not saying you don't have the talent but just the odds of creating the same thing is very small... think about this... We all own a lot of the same equipment and the odds on us creating the same song (yes is even smaller than the last example) but we still create our own stuff from our different influences...

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Cold Truth said:
yeah, but you wouldnt have made "breathe" the way he did. you wouldnt have had the resources to make it blow up if you did.

just because someone uses a sample well, doesnt mean that you would have freaked it just as well.

think of the sample as art class; every artist has to draw the same picture. some may draw better, others worse, but there will be one who draws it in a way that may not be as good, but stands out in such a way that everyone takes notice. some artists focus on certain details that others dont see.

sorry, but having found that sample wouldnt have done a thing for yuo. chances are yuo would have sampled the intro. that song has so many parts, who is to say you would have picked those three bars or so?

hahahahaha

your posts always make me laugh. mainly because your DEAD SERIOUS!!!

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Well, i surf the song then i founded a piano, than i loaded the song in Cool Edit, i sped it up, then I realise it was breath! But if I had chosen it, my drum would've been less good then Just Bs and I probably wouldn't use thath "BREATHE!" either, but still it would've made a good song.

To me, there's no point of using a sample that you already know that someone used it and that you heard his song. The chance that you make a better song are low as hell, cuz MOST of the time, we loop a sample, so there's not much you can do unless you start flipping it but not every sample is flippable

ill o.g.
i hate when this happens too, n actually what really sucked is i had this iisac hayes shit sampled, and the beat was blazin so many people wanted it...then about 3 - 4 months later i hear j.r. writer spittin on the same sample, laced almost exactly the same except slightley altered from the way i had it cuz my toms were a lil diff n i had a hook in my shit....thats what sux but the chance of that happening is rare, i juss got bad luck ;\ now peopel hear my shit n think i bit off that beat when i had mine done at least 3months b4 it

DJ Dro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Qwerty - Im assuming the other song you found was "breakfast in america" due to the piano at the beginning ... as for not being able to recognize the sample until you sped it up - you should have been able to ... it was the same notes just a diff pitch, I already knew the breathe sample when i first heard the song b/c my dad use to have a old supertramp tape back in the day and that track was on there, its not like fab really did anything to the piano but the shit is hot anyways IMO. And as for not using the "Breathe!" part - I would have given you props if you could even almost make it sound like ol' boy is saying breathe, b/c he aint ... and it doesnt sound like it ! LOL

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Me, i stopped caring if its been done or not. If i really wanna make the beat, if im really confident, Man i'll take that same gansta paradise sample coolio took from steve wonder and make you sware its a never heard before sample.

Freak the sample you gotta freak. i used to be afraid of being criticised for doing so, but realising that nowadays every producers making a remake of a remake hey i'll do what what i feel like doing.

remember how beatnuts freaked the Whatchout now flute sample. than j-lo literally took the sample of there track. She still made millions.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Ya that happen 2 me I was searching threw 1 of my shoe boxes of 45's and I found a Song forgot what it was called now cuz I sampled it b4 i reformated my Comp but its Track 14 off of THE ALC First INfantry Cd called Strength and Pain But Damn all ALC did was make a 4 bar loop threw out the whole song I dont even no if he used new drums

ill o.g.
CampO said:
Ya that happen 2 me I was searching threw 1 of my shoe boxes of 45's and I found a Song forgot what it was called now cuz I sampled it b4 i reformated my Comp but its Track 14 off of THE ALC First INfantry Cd called Strength and Pain But Damn all ALC did was make a 4 bar loop threw out the whole song I dont even no if he used new drums

Yo since you got the song that ALC sampled for track 14, do u think I can get that cuz I can freak the fuck outta that sample like it was a broad who give good dome!!!!!!!
AIM - tonyredmon001