"Da Vinci" - mischief

prodbymischief

Mischief
Battle Points: 11
Most of the song is inspired by "Brambleton" by Pusha T.
@2GooD Productions I used Vital in this one, thanks for the suggestion, it's amazing.
It's not the best mix, so I'll take any suggestions.
There is also a glitch at the start, where it doesn't play for like half a second. What fixed it for me was playing it for a few seconds, and then bringing back the amount that played to 0:00.

Battle Points: 43
Most of the song is inspired by "Brambleton" by Pusha T.
@2GooD Productions I used Vital in this one, thanks for the suggestion, it's amazing.
It's not the best mix, so I'll take any suggestions.
There is also a glitch at the start, where it doesn't play for like half a second. What fixed it for me was playing it for a few seconds, and then bringing back the amount that played to 0:00.

I like the beat, but it's kind of repetitive. Try moving the instruments that ur already using around to give it different textures of sound. You can also try to add instruments to give it a lil more variety. I also like the transitions and the beats after the 1st minute just a bit repetitive so let the other instruments ur using shine.

Turn the bass up in the beginning too, so it's at the same level as the rest of the beat if not a lil more louder. Ur on the right track with the beats tho.

prodbymischief

Mischief
Battle Points: 11
I like the beat, but it's kind of repetitive. Try moving the instruments that ur already using around to give it different textures of sound. You can also try to add instruments to give it a lil more variety. I also like the transitions and the beats after the 1st minute just a bit repetitive so let the other instruments ur using shine.

Turn the bass up in the beginning too, so it's at the same level as the rest of the beat if not a lil more louder. Ur on the right track with the beats tho.
Thanks for the advice. I had trouble with the bass because when i turned it up, it crackled, and idk what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the advice. I had trouble with the bass because when i turned it up, it crackled, and idk what to do. Any suggestions?
Turn everything else down.

You should put some reverb on the drums(not the kick) and some of the instruments. They sound a bit dry and it makes them sound a little midi.
Also try panning sounds and getting them to play off of each other, like a question and answer type way. Or copy something, pan it hard right and the original hard left, then eq both differently, this can add width. Play with the stereo field, and try to think of each instrument you add as filling a specific frequency range.

Last edited: