(Cubase Users) RAM

D

Demian

How many megas of ram do u have? Do u know any tip to avoid doing this and do something more easy?

Im fucked up. Lately, i have problems with my projects cuz i use too much effects... Each time my resources bar is blue I have to start exporting each track that is using effects (by exporting the audio mixdown) and importing it another time (then u have the same sound but u dont use such resources in FX).

So thats it. Each time I sit down to make music, I become crazy... U know whats working with the resources bar all the way up... Impossible.

(1Gb of Ram, Audiophile Firewire)

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
... I never had a prob w/ Cubase and RAM... I had 512 loaded on... now when I made the switch to PT... I had to up my game to 1.5Ghz RAM

Paul_Caruso

ill o.g.
Instead of exporting mixdowns of your effected tracks you can "lock" the effects on a track instead. It basically just does the mixdown for you but it means it keeps all your effect settings and you can unlock, make a change then lock again. Search help for "lock effects" or something.

Also is your XP optimized? Google "optimize XP" and follow all the steps, like turning off background processes etc.

I can't see how a gig of ram and a firewire card isn't enough power for anything unless you have a pathetic processor.

D

Demian

Pentium 2.4ghz

And im talkin about effects... if i start talkin about vstis it would be even worse..... fucking reaktor....

I think that the problem is that when you get cubase and you see what are your possibilities you expand your creativity and try to use all of em. I dont know if im explaining well... I think that cubase is a patform that is not prepared for the technology that we have nowadays (for amateur budget).

I will search about the ''lock effect'' stuff you were talking about.

By all means, i have started playing around with fruity loops, cuz its easier, and FASTER, I am tired of working so slow. Im not talking about resources, fruity is made for making shit fast, because its easier. Whats your opinion?

I would like to know what effects or whats vstis do u use when you make a beat. I know that that question is very relative. Each beat i made uses different stuff, but i would like to make an idea about what are your limits using cubase, and if it deserves more work. I ve never seen another person working with cubase, Ive learnt everything i know by my own...

Peace.
Demian

D

Demian

ah by the way, yes, my xp is optimized, and my drivers updated

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
well ill say you must really be pushing the limits.im using a 2.4 400 FSB and i have it clocked to 2.8 i have no problems.and i use Sonar. as for fast,no disrespect,but you in the wrong biz. if this shit was fast and easy we'd all be rich...lol Now what you could do is get another cheaper computer and hook up up using FX teleport. it will free up ya host PC. Cubase is good but if all you are trying to do is make beats FL or Reason will do just fine.