cubase help

cnotedatruth

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i track the beat in cubase but the only way i can hear the i track in midi is if my fantom is on. i was ondering if i was suppose it track the beats in midi or in wave.

2. when i recorded my vocals with the midi track how do i export it to cd.

hope i explained thi correct cause im new to cubase le .

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ok, let me see if I can get this right.

Ok, first and formost. Yes you will only be able to hear what you recorded from your Fantom because you have it hook up as a MIDI Device. YOu basically precorded the MIDI information and it is replay by your Keyboard. YOu can track everything MIDI first. Then record it in wave later but to save time you may want to record in wave first. The only promblem with this is you can really twick the sound or preset instrument.

The secong question isa no brainer. You will never be able to record audio on a MIDI track. You will need to add a audio track ( i.e in MONO) then record to that. Make sure you have your audio card set up right. Peace.

Sorry, What I ment by track it later is. You will have your audio out of your Fantom to the Audio in of your Soundcard or Mixer. Then you will play the data out of cubase but you will be recording it to a audio channel in Cubase. This should be simple.

ill o.g.
No offense but thats bad advice. If you record the audio out of the fantom back into your PC your gonna suffer some quality issues i.e it wont sound quite like the sound you get from your midi file!! This is a long and backwards way of working that you dont need to do in cubase!! To make a WAV. file of your recorded MIDI just set your locators either side of the MIDI track, next mute any tracks you dont want recorded, and then select "Export Audio mixdown" from one of the top menu's. Here you can select the resolution 16 / 32 bit....use 32 bit to get a perfect copy....and GO!! Now you have a perfect quality audio file of your Midi track......you can do this for audio tracks aswell!!! This will even let you export tracks exactly with effects ect....much better than having to send a signal out and in again and record it again! PS if your recording vocals choose stereo track NOT mono!!

members online