cpu in fl studio

cnotedatruth

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i have a question everytime i put a sample into fl studios 6 i play it my cpu goes thru through the roof even i play some sound font it goes up can someone tell me how i can eliminate this and stop it from happening cuase it freezes my computer up.

cnotedatruth

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i really dont know I got it awhile back like in in 03 but it a dell , intel ceneron processoer and like 640 in rams something like that.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you obviously not using Asio drivers so im guessing you have an AC'97 sound card... FL studio 6 works slow but well on my buddies computer which is a pentium 2, 233mhz and 32mb ram so its just a matter of how much flstudio buffers before the signal actually reaches your speakers.
just go to you audio options and you'll see a bar there indicated as the buffer. so change it from its default placment which is usually about 1/6th to the right to about half way or maybe 4/6th's and you should be fine.

other than that you should just get a ram upgrade for like 25 bucks and you'll notice a significant change in the cpu...

just keep in mind that if you change the buffer then if your using any midi devices then your gunna notice a lag in the data transfer. so my best suggestion is make the 25 to 60 dollar investment and get some extra RAM for you pc.

members online