copyrighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the 'dipset incident' has made me put this up.

how would you actually go about copyrighting your beats? if anyone's done this im keen to find out how.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
I grew uo on this type of hip hop. guess thats why I dont care for 90% of the crap thats released today

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
SketchUp said:
well i cant send em to washington coz im in the UK, any1 know UK info on copyrighting?

someone told me to mail em to urself. Put everything on paper, the beats, the equipment you used to make the beats, the date and time you made em and etc. I dont know how legit that is but I did it anyway. Put the CD in with the paper with the info on it and send it to yourself to another address, maybe a friend or relative and never open it. Only if a legal dispute comes up. Now this was a old head who told me. I did it anyway, but I never had a legal issue. So how legit it is? I dont know, but try it anyway. Peace. :study:

you have just been equelized... :headbang2

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
Nnxt said:
^^^ Sorry but that doesn't hold up in court anylonger hasn't been since 1997 (maybe later)

Damn..Word..I am glad you told me...

Damn....I have just been equelized... :headscrat

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Please search around here, it's been covered a lot. Especially in the 'Industry Talk' section. Just search for "copyright" and you'll get lots of hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online