Cool Edit Pro's

KelzCorleone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I have this loop i like from this loop cd, anywayz i was wonder if there is any possible way to drop like the hi hatz or the snare from the loop in Cool Edit 2, or is there any program that does allow dat option. All info is appreciated. Water

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
i believe you use fruity, you can put it through the slicer and use the chops in there, or just chop it up in cooledit or use recycle.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Also if you have a loop and you find that the snare or hat drops when you don't want it to or is not on the 2 or 4 for a straight rhythm....if it has a consistent high hat rhythm you can locate a snare or kick elswhere in the loop , copy it.........expand it in your editor view and find the exact attack point and substitute by pasting the kick or snare in place or faded in the exact spot where you want it to be hitting at...i use the hats if its a simple 1/8 or whatever rhythm...there is a lil science to this and working with it to make it fall naturally in the loop...but the ear can be fooled to think that the kick or snare was or wasn't there.....I do this with loops or even samples where the kick might not fall on the 4 or wherever to change the rhythm up.......just a lil something I do if you use loops, sometimes I just make a simple loop in Cool edit, protools or soundforge place everything where I want it....you can take piece of old beats and make whole new patterns by slicing and copying and pasting.

KelzCorleone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
So dont be lazy with chop, cut, copy, and paste right. Cuz the more i edit the more optionz i have it as far as reorganizing, it makes sense. Thankz for tha info. Water

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you also could of made it disapear if you knew the frequency and just filtered it out. im not great at master and mixing but if you are ...

members online