Cool Edit Pro Help!!!

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
I just got a copy of cool edit pro and i wanted to record some lyrics over my beats but every time i open my beats it always says

the specific format is not supported or cannot be translated. Use the capabilities function to determine the supported format.

Where da fuck is this Capabilites function??? help me out

peace:headbang:

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
i wanna open it as a wav file! but it doesnt seem to work:bawling: :headbang:

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Hmmmmmmmm what is your sample rate of the wave file?

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Cool???? Edit

this is my problem! when i try to play the wave file this is what comes up.:headbang:

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
ummmmmmmmmmm, what are you talking about??? what comes up??

S

superglue782

If its just a .wav that you've already recorded, right click in a blank track and select "insert wav from file", should be lovely.
peace

S

superglue782

I just re-read your message and you wrte "open it as a .wav file" Is it already recorded or do you want ro record into CE? If you want to record, select your vocal track by pressing the red R button, then hit record. thats how I do it.
hope that helps Glue
ps- get the MC to monitor the beat with headphones while recording, otherwise the mic will pick up the extra and it will sound boo boo. peace

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Yipeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally got cool edit to work!!! thanks to none of yall!!!! hahahaha! just kidding ma peeps! thanks for all the ideas though!!!! hahahahahaa! yipeepeeeee:fuckyou: :headbang:

M

Millenium

Millenium

Glad to see you got it working homie! I could have told you that the problem was your bitrate! Cool Edit supports various bit rates concerning Wav files! I've run into this problem before! What you need during these situations is a converter that will convert to different bit rate formats for wav. files! I usually convert my wav in fruityloops to 32-16bitfloat so i get a better representation of the sound! Now there is a problem if i convert to 32-24bitfloat, because Cool Edit doesn't support it! That is just the woes of the territory! Sorry I couldn't have helped you out sooner! If you have any questions regarding Cool Edit Pro just ask, because I use this program on a daily basis! Stay Up

M

Millenium

Yeah I Know

Not 24bit! I know CEP supports 24bit! I'm referring to the two 32bit formats that F.L. allows users to save to! CEP does not support one of the 32bit formats! No harm no foul! Peace

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Which 24 bit format are you talking about? There are a bunch out there, I don't know which ones FL are able to export. And which version of Cool Edit are you using?

Take care,

nick

M

Millenium

Once Again

Not 24bit! F.L. allows users to save or export in 16bit, 32bit float (0.24), and 32bit float (16.8)! Cool Edit Pro 2.0 only supports 16bit, 24bit, and 32bit float (0.24)! 32bit float (0.24) is not to be confused with a 24bit format!
I dont believe he mentioned a bit format in perticular that he was having trouble with! I just mentioned the problem that I recieved while inserting a 32bit format in CEP v2.0! Peace