Controlling VST in PT 7

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Tryin to control some virtual instruments in Pro Tools using an MP....Only findin ways to get PT to control the Mpc in the forums though....Does any one do this and if so can they point me in the correct direction..... I'm usin a 2000XL with the Digi 002 rack..Thanks

TymE

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
J Rilla said:
Tryin to control some virtual instruments in Pro Tools using an MP....Only findin ways to get PT to control the Mpc in the forums though....Does any one do this and if so can they point me in the correct direction..... I'm usin a 2000XL with the Digi 002 rack..Thanks

On the MPC on the main window where it says "Drum: OFF" change that should work then

dahknee

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I had tried all the MPC setting that but they didn't work...I got so frustrated that I ended up purchasing the Axiom 25. I haven't opened it yet...I will send it back if I can get my setup to work. I would love to use my MPC and Triton to control VSTs. From PT, when I select the pencil I can play sounds that I have loaded on my MPC and Triton but I haven't figured out how to use either to control VSTs. I'm swapping over from PC to MAC so I need to reinstall everything anyway. You have given me hope. Thanks

beaglin

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
J Rilla..what up..could you pm me and explain to me in detail how you got the vst's to work..I have the same set-up as you fam...thanks in advance..beaglin

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
You can not use vst plugins in ProTools unless you use a wrapper.
Why do you think they sell them then.

Pro Tools uses RTAS plugins.Not Vst ones.

Then i will go under the assumption that mines are those Hybrid joints...since they work in Logic....I'm not really on whats the difference between RTAS,VST,AU cuz i dont think thats his problem....I think his problem is a midi problem

dahknee

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Today I was finally able to get set up my MPC and Triton to trigger sounds in Xpand and Structure. Now I whenever I record enable a midi track in PT it hangs on the last note I played.

members online