Consolidating my sound libraries

ill o.g.
hey everyone-
i'm looking to consolidate all of my sample libraries which i have spread all over from my mpc to my fantom to reason, fruitly loops, and excess cd's that i've picked up.....my goal is to put them into one place where i can use my mpc or fantom as a controller for these centralized samples. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as setting this up....i think i've seen people use like native instrument's Kontakt to do this? My multi-tracker that i'm using is sonar 4 producer if that matters at all.....and any other tips as to how to hook all this up would be great...i'm also using a motu traveler as my i/o audio interface. Thx- Subcon

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Organize all of your sounds into folders for each kit (on your PC) and then one main folder to go to. That's the way I do it. Then I can just sift through the sounds I want easily and start working.

I have all of my drums in fruity loops but I can always sift through the sounds really quick if I want to put some on a disk and into my triton. SO, I'd say dump them into your PC and seperate each kit by name. Then place all of those into one folder you can go to so It's not too sloppy, feel me? Of course, everyone is different. That's how I do it though.

ill o.g.
ok, but how about categorizing them into some type of software where i can preview them really quickly...and then be able to have sonar recall them after i save and close a project. what my objective is:
be able to have one categorized sound library that i can:
1- preview sounds
2- have sonar recall these sounds from this secondary software
3- be able to using my fantom and mpc4000 as a controller...which means Midi being recorded into sonar and then the ability to route sonar back to my sound source after i save a project and open it again to work further on .

- before, when i was only using fruity loops and my fantom...my fantom was the only hardware input that i was plugging into my computer. and i had instrument defintions for all the patches in my fantom that could be selected in sonar to assign to my fantom mixers. the result would be ...lets say i open project "universal valleys", for example...and i used a cello, or a given strings in that specific project, sonar would recall the cello i was set. ...
-now, i'd like to dump all sounds onto my pc like you were sayin exampul (even though i will probably keep my fantom patches on the keyboard itself)...i guess my question is how does one Instrument definition a sound thats used into sonar...if the sound is coming from a centralized folder or software program?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Get with scsi for the mpc, fantom via usb and hook up to the same map. Im not sure but Deamon Tools might be able to create virtual scsi drives so you can use akai sample disc iso's.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
deamon tools is a freeware proggie that can mount an iso file as if it was any kind of drive, so you make a copy of an original sample cd ( an ISO file ) and load that into a virtual drive. A real scsi setup is better though imo simply because that aint virtual.

ill o.g.
ok, where can i get this freeware program? also, i was kinda wanting to use some type of sampler software that i can just audition sounds really quickly and then assign to whichever controller i want to use,.....something that i can really categorize all of my samples and then if i add more samples, it easy to integrate. My big question is: is there a Sonar Vst or dxi sampler program that describes what i'm talking about? i'd really like to keep everything within one project so that sonar remembers everything. (reason is tight but in rewire you have to save everything done in sonar AND in reason) - my goal is to just use one program that can do all of this.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
SuB ConScience said:
ok, where can i get this freeware program? also, i was kinda wanting to use some type of sampler software that i can just audition sounds really quickly and then assign to whichever controller i want to use,.....something that i can really categorize all of my samples and then if i add more samples, it easy to integrate. My big question is: is there a Sonar Vst or dxi sampler program that describes what i'm talking about? i'd really like to keep everything within one project so that sonar remembers everything. (reason is tight but in rewire you have to save everything done in sonar AND in reason) - my goal is to just use one program that can do all of this.

Either FL or EMU studio x, or just a nice big sampler like an e4xt or a z8 ( or 2 ) lol!

ill o.g.
lol, alright...well, i have fl so maybe i'll try to make that work. i think kontakt from native instrument is a vst and could be used for what i'm talkin about...anyone use kontakt??