Consildating/Streamlining my setup

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
After my album is complete im thinking of consolidating my setup .. right now i got 3 keyboards plus a rack ....... thinking of selling all my boards and the rack and coppin the new korg m3 ... so ill have the korg and my mpc .. thats it ... saves me precious nyc space and makes my setup easier to manage in terms of recall and saving settings cuz im only dealing with one unit.. plus with the m3 u can get the radias board for another $250 which basically is a whole nother synth inside of a synth... i think i would benfit from really diggin deep into one board as opposed to to halfway goin in on diffrent boards.. and if im gonna get deep that m3 looks like something i could get deep into!!!... esp with the touch screens.. thats ill

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ash i just demoed the m3 this weekend and i was blown away. it shits on the new motif and even on the oasys (at least for the type of music we do) which I had been eyeing for a minute. anyway i agree 100% with your post- i've gotten enough money up to go get a few keyboards but i'm staying focused and getting the m3 and planning to learn it inside out. i'm getting a few pieces of outboard, avalon 737, a 1073, la2a, and probably a liquid channel to run the mpc and m3 through and to mix with, which i think are way more valuable than more keyboards. if you don't already use some, definitely look into some outboard equipment.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
^^^^ yeah i think people are sleeping on that karma stuff .... i feel that once u really get into u can do some cool shit and make ur sounds play like real insruments, which is the biggest challenge for "keyboard beats" , to make them sound "alive".

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I wouldn't buy/sell or trade anything until you see if your album makes noise or blows up. My point being that you might have the winning sound right now! You may lose it with the loss of your gear! If people come knocking wanting tracks that sound in the realm of your album then what? HOLD WHAT U GOT! (unless the album is just something you're doing and you're not really banking on it)

TrackKingCole

ill o.g.
I wouldn't buy/sell or trade anything until you see if your album makes noise or blows up. My point being that you might have the winning sound right now! You may lose it with the loss of your gear! If people come knocking wanting tracks that sound in the realm of your album then what? HOLD WHAT U GOT! (unless the album is just something you're doing and you're not really banking on it)

Not trying to be Mr. Know It All but i agree with Lil Drama Boi on this one... I was talking to Ayatollah, the producer and he was telling me when he did exactly what your trying to do, he lost his sound for a minute.. so he went back to what he used, then brung the new stuff along for the ride....

Think About thats Ash,

Us Brooklyn Catz you know we on it

Peace