Commercial, polished Gansga-what i like about it! haha

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
OK yes i sed, "wot i like about it!". Heres the thing, im a hip hop head. I like more hip hop stuff like jurrasic 5, madlib, mf doom, hyrogliphics, alchemist etc etc. but i luv jayz, beanie siegel etc and that whole rap/hip hop look. I used to be the first guy to jump on the "i hate gansgta" bandwagon whenever it rolled my way. i hated it and its cheesy spelling. I hated its fake commercialness, i hated its repetitive beats, i hated them rubbing their diamonds in the poor guys face, i hated the sterotypical "im gonna shoot you, but dare spill blood on my timbs an ima shoot you again." OK now heres where i change, in my ride i have a complete MTX install system with a nakamichi head unit, and there is nothing that bangs quite like The Game, Documentary, or Lloyd Banks or 50 Cent. I dont know its just that with sampled hip hop you cant get that bangin crisp clear Quality production. Bangin kanye isnt quite the same, let alone bangin shook ones pt 2. Fact is i also think the production and sound and melody and over all composition is getting much better with new gangsta. They have the money sound to them that the former p diddy used to have only with a razor sharp edge. Even when they dabble in sampling it bangs like f**k! eg hate it or love it. Take Documentary for eg (the actual track) it bangs and is prob the closest thing to rap's rock u can get! And if u ask me what the most played album is in my ride, well u guessed its the chronic 2001! Every day i cruise and find myself playin gangsta but when im at the crib its a whole other story im a hip hop head. hell they might shoot ya, but as long as you watch the timbs your gonna have great "bangin beats".

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
A well thought out post but i disagree,

outkast's Bombs over bagdad or goodie mob's "they dont dance no mo"
Bangs just as hard as that gansta shit, i would say even more so, becasue they are talkin bout something.

Trust me i know, im from the state where we INVENTED bangin ass car systems, and profiling in your whip.(well maybe cali too) LOL.

But point is, a banging song is a banging song, gansta or not

If u dont belive me cop ATliens and listen to "wheels of steel" on full blast and tell me u cant feel that shit!!!!

class..

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
DJ Reflex said:
OK yes i sed, "wot i like about it!". Heres the thing, im a hip hop head. I like more hip hop stuff like jurrasic 5, madlib, mf doom, hyrogliphics, alchemist etc etc. but i luv jayz, beanie siegel etc and that whole rap/hip hop look. I used to be the first guy to jump on the "i hate gansgta" bandwagon whenever it rolled my way. i hated it and its cheesy spelling. I hated its fake commercialness, i hated its repetitive beats, i hated them rubbing their diamonds in the poor guys face, i hated the sterotypical "im gonna shoot you, but dare spill blood on my timbs an ima shoot you again." OK now heres where i change, in my ride i have a complete MTX install system with a nakamichi head unit, and there is nothing that bangs quite like The Game, Documentary, or Lloyd Banks or 50 Cent. I dont know its just that with sampled hip hop you cant get that bangin crisp clear Quality production. Bangin kanye isnt quite the same, let alone bangin shook ones pt 2. Fact is i also think the production and sound and melody and over all composition is getting much better with new gangsta. They have the money sound to them that the former p diddy used to have only with a razor sharp edge. Even when they dabble in sampling it bangs like f**k! eg hate it or love it. Take Documentary for eg (the actual track) it bangs and is prob the closest thing to rap's rock u can get! And if u ask me what the most played album is in my ride, well u guessed its the chronic 2001! Every day i cruise and find myself playin gangsta but when im at the crib its a whole other story im a hip hop head. hell they might shoot ya, but as long as you watch the timbs your gonna have great "bangin beats".

lol man u really spilled ur heart there.

i kinda know what ur sayin, the guys u mentioned (50, Game) have got Dre doin their tracks and aint no ones beats bang like his, everyone knows that, even people who arent into hip hop. im glad u mentioned The Documentary, that has some super hard hittin joints, but i suppose thats the west for ya.

as Classic said there are non-gangsta dudes who's shit bangs, but i think the crisp new gangsta shit has that edge about it.

(oh yeh and as far as the hardest beats go, u cant forget Dipset/Heatmakerz. Dipset Anthem is the hardest shit i ever heard)

sAfE.

PhleX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the best new cripsp gangsta sound i would have ta go with westside connection - terrosist threats that shit is as gangsta u can get for commercial play, all tracks are banging with phat beats... cop that shit if u aint got it

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
haha the amount of times the word bang has been used in this thread... comical...

I agree and disagree... I agree with Classic that a Banging Track is a Banging track... And I agree with Rhythmikal about dipset as I personally buy or download a lot of they're material...

I disagree that every dre track is a banger... Rich Girl.... EUGH!

But I just tend to listen to what sounds nice... Gangsta or not...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Rhythmikal said:
i kinda know what ur sayin, the guys u mentioned (50, Game) have got Dre doin their tracks and aint no ones beats bang like his, everyone knows that, even people who arent into hip hop..

dre is not doing these beats, the games album had like 9 dudes on it, the 50 album has like 9 dudes on it, and dre didn’t do any of the singles on the masacre so far, he did do the how we do as far I know, but you cant give dre credit fo rmost of those beats cause his name aint even on them, so that doesnt make any sense.

and class, betta recognize!!!! cali had that too.

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
Yeah classic im just looking at it from a beat point of view. we all know most lyrical content of gangsta is well... s**t! lol but like rhythmikal i jus think they have that crisp, money sound u know i cant put a finger on it. MarkN totally agree, basiest track like ever. jeez the subs eat that track up and spit it out on ur face! lol Phlex - definetley gonna cop some westside connection. Oh and classic true there are banging hip hop tunes and to keep an open mind ill cop some ATliens! Berserk omg i did not know dre made rich girl, lol its funny shit! but u know wot i kinda like it lol, after 8bars the bass drops and its loike wo! Rythmikal, how could i ever forget! of course lol heatmakers and dipset lol bangin! Man all you guys have given me new ideas of tunes to bang. this week i have been bangin the new beanie siegel album. track 7 cant remember wot its called is amazin! and rythmikal the nakamichi does help alot especially when its the cd 500 connected up to a MTX thunder amp! lol shits crazy! Cheers Guys! oh and as for bug posts... if i open a thread i feel bad if i make it short, if ur gonna do might as well do it right! lol
peace REflex

bassic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
BASSically these wannabe gangstas i H8.....50Cent....Who the fuck is he. Look at the REAl gangstas who were in hiphop there ain't many now but damn the 90's was definately the best 4 that.....Death Row/Rap-A-Lot/No Limit/ but now these guys aint gangstas they JOKERS

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Only thing i wanna say is: You dont jump on a "bandwagon" so to speak if thats really what yer about. I dont think its cliche in anyway to not wanna advocate violence, plastic shit like materialism, etc....If thats how u feel - cool. On the other hand if yer jus saying that shit cuz the nex brothas sayin that, then yeah....Yer a groupie on tha bandwagon i guess....

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
omg there always has to be sum1 to take shit to seriously! u guys need to calm out and sit the kuff down! lol it was a figure of speech! i did hate and do hate wanna be gangsters and ur right non limit etc was the best. thats not what we're tokin about here and if u want a we hate gangsta argument, then go sumwhere else! wings dont allow that anyway! dont be so pathetic as to act pissed off in a forum! wot sum cats'll do! eh? REFLEX

PhleX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Shit Dre Did Rich Girl, (I Assume U Mean Gwen Steffani) He does so much more shit than people realise Eve And Gwen Let Me Blow Your Mind

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
dre is not doing these beats, the games album had like 9 dudes on it, the 50 album has like 9 dudes on it, and dre didn’t do any of the singles on the masacre so far, he did do the how we do as far I know, but you cant give dre credit fo rmost of those beats cause his name aint even on them, so that doesnt make any sense.

it does make sense if u think about it, not to knock ur opinon.

if Dre didnt produce the record he often mixes other dudes beats and gives them that lil somethin. he also has an influence on WHO game gets his beats from (hi-tek, buckwild)

also Candy Shop aint gangsta, and that wasnt part of Dre's contribution to the album. but the REAL gangsta joints (depends how u class gangsta music) on these albums are produced by Dre i.e. Westside Story, How We Do, Higher, Outta Control, Gunz Come Out etc.

sAfE.

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
DJ Reflex said:

It looks like you have discovered why some people still love gangsta music, the sound quality of this musik is sick and when you get a nice system in your ride or they play the shit in the club you will feel that kick and low end rumble.

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
classic said:
If u dont belive me cop ATliens and listen to "wheels of steel" on full blast and tell me u cant feel that shit!!!!

class..

i agree with class, aoutkast shit BUMPS, that southern playalistic album was my shit. back then if you was from the west and you was bumping some other artist that was not from the west, it had to be outkast or goddie moob. (The dongeon family)

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Flex - I assume that last comment was directed at me since i was tha last to drop a comment before u flipped yer lid???.....Jus for the record, I didnt post to piss anyone off, and it seems as tho yer the only one really gettin butt-hurt over all this anyways....I just made a simple statement about the bandwagon bullshit because it aint all tru tha way u put it down....

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Hmmm I dont get How anyone Could Be Jumping On da Bandwagon If there Listening to 50 Gunit D-block DIpset Etc.... Majority OF my Boyz and people who listen 2 hiphop I no listen to that type of shit all day I think Most People Listen To the Commercial shit anyways so Aint No BandWagon Jumpin When U listenin TO what Most heads Listenin to Anyways Right ?

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
yeah man look i didnt wanna come across pissed! hey u cant exactly portray how u feel in a msg! maybe i missread ya! But yeah tito u got me! when i mentioned the bandwagon i meant how theres a bunch of hip hop heads hating on gangsta and i used to be one of em was what i meant.
peace reflex!