Commendation of the Dying

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
Finally broke the slump and made something after a few months of dicking around with shit that didn't work out. After listening to what's been put out and giving feedback it's got me all self conscious about what I've made. Y'all are too dope.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Thanks dude. I decided to quit trying to do shit outside of the box and stick to what I know and that made something actually worth posting. Not saying that expanding your horizons is bad, I just was struggling a bit too hard and not making anything.

structurally reminds me of something Ive composed, I find a lot is going on in the mids section, you have panned it nicely but might clash with vocals with so much going on in that range. I think the piano sounds a little dry, would boost the reverb on it, turn the brass down a tad and bring the bass up a bit to balance out with the higher freq instruments. I like the synth line and outro.
Personally though, when I make my bass any louder than yours is, people complain about "too much bass" like you can ever have too much bass. You could boost it in the higher freq register to add presence without boosting the low end. Or just add some saturation to boost the higher harmonics

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Id make the bass a bit more present in the track, imo it seems like its struggling to keep up with the rest.
structurally reminds me of something Ive composed, I find a lot is going on in the mids section, you have panned it nicely but might clash with vocals with so much going on in that range. I think the piano sounds a little dry, would boost the reverb on it, turn the brass down a tad and bring the bass up a bit to balance out with the higher freq instruments. I like the synth line and outro.
Personally though, when I make my bass any louder than yours is, people complain about "too much bass" like you can ever have too much bass. You could boost it in the higher freq register to add presence without boosting the low end. Or just add some saturation to boost the higher harmonics
huh, really. I always have a hard time mixing bass and tend to go too quiet, but I thought for sure it was loud enough in this one. Who'd have thought.

I'll do some tweaks I suppose. I turned the high and mid bass way down cause it was clashing quite a bit with the rest of the beat and muddying it up a lot, maybe saturation will help.

I'm just happy I actually made something for the first time in 4 months. Thanks for the feedback.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@iDeaLoGiK Very nice job man. A few ideas here:
1. I feel like the mix is pretty good on studio headphones
2. Sound selection is a little stale in my opinion, some of the instruments sound stock, especially the piano playing the single note melody throughout the track.
3. I like the sound selection on the drums, especially the hi hats and open hi hats
4. The arrangement is very strong, it stays pretty engaging throughout

Awesome beat my guy!

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
@iDeaLoGiK Very nice job man. A few ideas here:
1. I feel like the mix is pretty good on studio headphones
2. Sound selection is a little stale in my opinion, some of the instruments sound stock, especially the piano playing the single note melody throughout the track.
3. I like the sound selection on the drums, especially the hi hats and open hi hats
4. The arrangement is very strong, it stays pretty engaging throughout

Awesome beat my guy!
Thanks for the feedback!

Funny cause none of the instruments in this one are stock. Most are from Native Instruments and one is from ample sound. I'm wondering if its because the piano plugin I'm using has different microphone positioning settings and I set it to be pretty far away. I kind of wanted that tone but I might have went overboard.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Thanks for the feedback!

Funny cause none of the instruments in this one are stock. Most are from Native Instruments and one is from ample sound. I'm wondering if its because the piano plugin I'm using has different microphone positioning settings and I set it to be pretty far away. I kind of wanted that tone but I might have went overboard.

Its still a matter of taste, we are all listening as producers. If you like how your beat turned out, roll with it.

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 6
Just getting round to leaving feedback dude. I would just be echoing what @2GooD Productions & @Rah.sool said to be honest.

I like the drums and would like to hear you throw something else over them. I'd mess around with samples / instruments until you find the perfect beat.