Comfort Zone

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I wanted to know what is the most comfortable height if you are sitting at your station producing, I noticed that anything too high is a pain but an adjustable chair helps, some desks I have seen are too high, does this effect your ability to produce comfortably or have you had to deal with this issue?

The reason I am asking is I have almost completed my new studio, the original desk where I am placing my gear needs to be adjusted down, 28 - 30 inches seems to be the height of the desktop that would be comfortable, that way once I add a keyboard or sampler it is perfect height when sitting to bang out or play the keys.

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
The environment you work in and how comfortable it is always has an effect on how you work. A while back the wheel on my computer chair broke and it make it pretty annoying to use, I could barely get anything done.

I'm looking at a new desk and other stuff. Especially lighting, when your stuck in one place for a large amount of time you don't want harsh lighting. At night I have floor lamps, they give me enough light and set a relaxing mood. Cost me like £10.

NW

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
To get specific, the best height is when your legs are at 90⁰ and the desk is low enough that there's absolutely no strain on your back to keep your arms & hands there. But it also depends on the chair. I've been in studios where they have those expensive ones made out of elastic netting and you feel like you're floating. But at home I have a $30 swivel from Staples and a glass desk that cost me like $120 and it's comfortable as hell. Although I hear hell isn't that comfortable.