Club Hip Hop Vs Street and Life based themes

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I wanted to get a feel what's the high demand production you are getting or you prefer, I know we have a lot of different styled production in the site and to me that is a good thing, what do you think is your strength and if you could decide on your projects and the style what is your forte???

Club
Tru Skool Hip Hop
Down South
Experimental
RnB

if you could write picking one of the above and a small note summing up your skills and approach to when you start a track and why you like a certain style or mixture post it up! I just want to see the background on the Ill producers and their own approach to making their music!

I will start off, a lot of what I do is original but a lot of my music is made from either what someone has asked me to do for a particular project or a direction I want to take the track for a certain artist, other than that its whatever I sit down to do and I come up with LOL, I like club music as well as the other forms of hip hop and I also love that old skool and sample based hip hop ala wu tang and RZA and the likes of Pete Rock.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i would have put myself in the "tru Skool/street-life based" catagory. having grown up through the 80's and 90's, it's been this catagory that spoke to me the most. the club records and down south records spefically, have a place in my catalog, but it's the samples, the beat, and potent lyrics. not necessarilly educational/knowledge driven, just witty, something that took a certain amount of thought an passion in writing and will incite thinking in the listener. the "everytime you listen to you get something different from it" type of record.

O

open mind

its very easy. i got love for all styles and i try to be versatile as possible.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I would have to agree with open mind, I try to not lean to much toward one style. Right now Ive been concentrating on experimental, trying to use or find sounds that are not used that often.

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
My Style is called" Just Do You" I don't want to fall into a style, then everyone knows your music when they here it. I know a Lil Jon track after the first 3 notes, you can tell Dre from his drum. I'm not knocking these guys but all of you know where I'm coming from. I just do what ever I feel, there is no method to my madness.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I am definatley the true-skool/experimental/Life type.

Usually Ill hear the music beafore i make it.Every new track is completely random in its feel.
For instance Im working on a metal track right now, lol.
I have heard that I have a definate west coast sound. Why? I dont know it just comes out that way.
I absolutely make the music to more or less be a soundtrack for the mc which can place images over the top of it.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
any style as long as its done properly.

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
i just make stuff to whatever mood im in, i dont know my style - i just know i dont make a lot of club music

D

DollarSignz

I do a lot of Club type tracks, although I've never done a Southern style track [I'll get to that soon]. I can do west coast, east coast, some R&B, and Pop.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Phi'Zik said:
There is no several styles only two :

Good or bad
there many forms and styles of hip hop music and some that have just landed on the radar compared to the original form, what I asked is more dealing with the application and the backdrop of the track you produce , or maybe the type of artist that you have over it, that's the real and yeah you can have good and bad music of any genre, at one time there was only one general sound (type of drums, rhythm bpm etc and instruments)....I mean could at least answer my questions or just dont reply that would be great...I mean I am asking about what you as a producer do and your approach and yes the STYLE of music you produce, not about your opinion of how many styles of hip hop LOL no dis just tryna get the feeback on my original question....ha

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I try to make what i like to listen to. Hence, 9th wonder, devin the dude, and masta ace. Definetly pretty tru skool (i dont fuck with that southern stuff.)

Slamdino

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I get a lot of requests on the east coast for truschool, old school, soulful story telling pete rock, premire type of beats and that really is my preference to listen to but, I make a lot of reggae, house, jazzy beats and some r&b and southern everything. I dont make too much of the clubby stuff though unless it is requested