Chrome2

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
Damn chill. Drum and bass sounds solid. Really goes well together.

The piano can be more present. It’s already so chill that the piano being so quiet and ambient makes it sleepy. Especially with the ambience you have going on with the atmospheric pad or whatever. Bringing up the piano piece would give it a little more bump . The vibe is dope but it’s so chill that I don’t even want to nod my head. lol. Like it’s bed time. Have the piano or something else even put a little swing in there and it would really bang. But like….. in a super chill way.

Battle Points: 43
Cool beat... It gets a little repetitive tho. I like the diff vocals used adds to the beat nicely. Melody is smooth n the drums fit the chill vibe perfectly. Overall its dope. Good work

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 11
To follow on @2GooD Productions

The mix needs some work. I really like that bass tone, but it's very high in the mix. This may be a function of it being in stereo rather than mono. Some mid side EQ and/or sidechain compression would let it sit nicely in the mix without sacrificing punch or weight.

I really like the drums and the reverb tail on the snare. The drums are simple but provide the perfect groove for this beat. The pad sounds add a lot of atmosphere, but again, being more subtle in the mix would be my preference.

A lot of this can achieved with some strategic EQ and awareness of space (left, right, top, bottom).