chopped and screwed

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was just wondering whether anybody on here has attempted to make any screwed and chopped music. I been listening to alot of screwed stuff lately and i'm starting to really get into that shit. I know alot of people don't like or get it, but if you hear some of the devin the dude stuff chopped and screwed its nice. Devin's got some real musical tunes.
but anyways, i also just worked out a way to screw ish with Ableton thats actually sounds okay so i was wondering if anyone has a better way of doing it.

Actually is there anyone out there that even listen to this shit?

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont really... but devin the dude is ill.
you should try doing it in a program called virtual dj. you can make it sound pretty good, chopping and screwing a song...

i think sketta lee has a video about it here....
http://training.337studios.com/

EDIT: yea it says shop and screw videos at the top, but scroll down to the one that says chop and screw music. hope that helps.

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yo, thanx for that link that is a perfect way of doing things. i think i'm gonna have go mess with that stuff cause it ain't no joke how easy that is. bang.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I'm in Texas and I personally don't dig the chopped and screwed sound, but my students all want to learn to do it. I have handful of guys that are good enough now that local acts acts are payin them to chop and screw their cd's. We use either soundforge or audition. open the tracks, screw them first(pitch down) then use copy and paste to chop up the beats. As a dj I always just called chopping, juggling the beat, they are the same. Some like to chop on kicks, others snares, others on vocals like ounchlines and stuff. An easier way for me to do it rather than just looking at one sine wave is to open the wave on two tracks in an audition session. then I can see where I want put my chops and I can alternate between the two tracks.

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
FTdub said:
I'm in Texas and I personally don't dig the chopped and screwed sound, but my students all want to learn to do it. I have handful of guys that are good enough now that local acts acts are payin them to chop and screw their cd's. We use either soundforge or audition. open the tracks, screw them first(pitch down) then use copy and paste to chop up the beats. As a dj I always just called chopping, juggling the beat, they are the same. Some like to chop on kicks, others snares, others on vocals like ounchlines and stuff. An easier way for me to do it rather than just looking at one sine wave is to open the wave on two tracks in an audition session. then I can see where I want put my chops and I can alternate between the two tracks.

Thats basically what id o when i use ableton live but i tend to just do it live by using my midi controller to switch between the tracks. saying that i'm gonna try this approach as well cause i t might even work better than virtual dj. cheers

and yeah when i do some interestin stuff then i'll put it up for ppl to hear for sure.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
When I had the studio up and popping... EVERYONE wanted their shit chopped and screwed. Unfortunately, that's how they roll around here. I'd stay chopping and screwing everthing we recorded, and sometimes other shit too. It's so easy it's kinda rediculous.

I dunno... as for me, it's not my flavor.

Lexxx Watterz

ill o.g.
Chopped & Screwed

Chopped & screwed is ok, but for me, it doesnt work with every album. I liked the David Banner joints and the Twista one, but the 8Ball & MJG one I didnt dig at all. One thing I will say though, and that is that i ended up liking some songs more than the originals..

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
when rappers already rap slow. they shouldnt chop and screw.

i find it a lil too easy to do, im also in texas right now, so i gave it a shot, its koo to listen too but not too much cuz it all starts to sound the same after a while.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
when rappers already rap slow. they shouldnt chop and screw.

i find it a lil too easy to do, im also in texas right now, so i gave it a shot, its koo to listen too but not too much cuz it all starts to sound the same after a while.

what part of texas u in nova?

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
I dont know.. about yall, but this style aint nothing new to me.. Maybe Classic remembers, but in TAMPA... they been slowin down trks for YEARS i would say atleast 10... maybe I'll get Classic to back me up on this... yo Classic remember Tampa Tony... Rockit Rod.... 813 yall...

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Freakwncy said:
I dont know.. about yall, but this style aint nothing new to me.. Maybe Classic remembers, but in TAMPA... they been slowin down trks for YEARS i would say atleast 10... maybe I'll get Classic to back me up on this... yo Classic remember Tampa Tony... Rockit Rod.... 813 yall...

Thats about the same time my area started doing this. Thing is, they got stupid with it.

Choppin' and screwin' Marvin Gaye? What the fuck is wrong with some people?

They're the only reasons why abortions are illegal.

I'm sorry. I take that back... I'm anti-abortion. I instantly regretted typing it. Too lazy to delete it tho.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Freakwncy said:

yea they have been doing it in tampa for awhile, i always hated that shit though...