Chinese Hip Hop

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
A while back a few people expressed some interest or curiosity about what's going on over here Hip Hopwise. Well I was fucking around on You Tube yesterday at work procrastinating over a deadline and decided to post some of the more interesting clips I found. I should say that not all of this stuff is good but it's definitely interesting, also some of the production is really terrible. so here we go:

This guy "Young Kin" seems to be reasonably professional and has some label support.

here's some random bits and pieces including some Bejing opera style singing over a hip hop beat:

This one has a more commercial sound, more indicative of the sort of stuff heard more often on radio, tv etc:

This is really interesting, it's taken from a freestyle battle in Shanghai. the guy who posted this has a bunch of freestyle clips, including one from a guy who calls himself "Sha Bi" which means "stupid cunt", (nice name):

Interested to hear comments on what you think. There's more stuff out there not on You Tube but I haven't been able to find links yet, (some of it better than this stuff).

Edit: Couldn't seem to get the clips to embed properly so I've posted the links instead.

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
wasnt real into it. probably is some dope chinese stuff though, its the same everywhere. gonna be piles and piles of crap before theres any real gold

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
yeah, like I said, there is much better than this but I think it's still interesting. I thought a couple of these rappers have some skills but crappy, cliched beats and production don't really help them much.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
i usually like everything chinese but I thought these were terrible

where?

As I also said, I can't find any links to the better stuff, if I could I would definitely post them. I have heard good Chinese Hip Hop on the radio, in cafes, clubs etc. so I know it exists. I'm still looking for it.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
YALL BUGGIN, THAT "LIFE STRUGGLE" WAS THE HOTTEST SHIT, THE REST OF THE SHIT IS AVERAGE AND I DIDNT LISTEN TO ANYTHING BEYOND THE GIRL BECAUSE I WAS STUCK ON THAT SHAWN SONG. I THINKI READ THAT SON DIED OF CANCER AND HIS MOMS PRODUCED HIS RECORDS, EVEN ASIDE FROM THE STORY I WAS FEELIN SON, I AINT LIKE THE FIRST VIDEO BUT THAT "LIFE STRUGGLE" SONG IS POWERFUL.Che

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
The 4th one down is where I stop! That is too funny!

They may want to think about bootlegging a book on sound engineering, these arent very well recorded. But understandbly resources are prolly short.

Iron Bamboo Tang is ok , considering the dude is basically emulating Bone..

The freestyling is interesting, he could be saying wack shit for all I know..Nice for Wayne his song is getting spun in china.