Check These Out !!

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
http://www.openlabs.com

The NEKO and MIKO workstations, just spotted them on another site, they look fuckin crazy the way you've got everything there in that one station and you can still intergrate with reason and pro tools and woteva and use loads of plug ins etc !
anyone ever used them ?
woz guna get a MV8000 but mite wait and save !

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
IMO its a waste ur paying for a bunch of compents in a workstation that have much better options elseware

Its basically a work station that does alot of things, medicorely,

Much easier to get a soundmodule, Pro tools and a soundcard and call it a day, its cheaper too..

Just my opionion though..dude was trying to sell me this at GT the other day(even though i dont think its out yet)

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I am not sure about the other one but the NEKO has been much anticipated for at least a couple years its definitely unique, I want to test it out, but it looks like you could run fruity loops on it??? if thats not what's really running under the hood in stealth LOL but also read this...

Clone Hardware: When equipped with the Clone Hardware option, NeKo is able to clone any electronic keyboard or hardware sound module. It can literally sample the entire sound library of the hardware product complete with after-touch and effects, thereby in a sense turning it into a softsynth, automatically. With fully assignable banks of faders, knobs, buttons and a 15" color touch-screen, you can recreate the controls of the hardware product that you have just sampled, making the cloning process complete.

Thats crazy, they even can re-create the interface?? of say the triton??

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I mean how many of us have equip that's not even touched collecting dust. Would you mind havin this "layin aroud" or even take it to the demo store and clone any keyboard/synth in the room? Then bring it back to the Lab, play with it, and decide if you want the real thing.

How much does it cost? That's what I didn't see. There's lot's of configurations which means many different prices.
-over-

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i am not geting exactly how the "clone keyboard" thing works .. if that works as advertised then that would make me want this thing... so what they are sayin is you could buy evrey keyboard in the shop... clone them, then send it back within your thirty days and u would have an entire rack of synthesizer and workstations in that box? hmmm

400-m

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
it looks tight! but i'll stick with my soundmods, gutiars fl studio and the eps 16+

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
That clone function sounds phat! It also has 500 note polyphony?!! Damn!
Check out the prices though...... a bit steep. It might be worth it though; to be able to clone every keyboard you've ever wanted. hmm....

MiKo Portable Media Workcenter
Code: MPMW
Price: $1,999.00

neKo64 (Gen2) 61-key
Code: GEN26461
Price: $5,995.00

neKo LE (Gen2) 61-key
Code: GEN2LE61
Price: $2,295.00

neKo64 (Gen2) 76-key
Code: GEN26476
Price: $6,595.00

ONE

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn, looks like a piece of junk to me. why get that when you can have everything it has for a fraction of the price?

on the other hand, if that thing can really clone soundmodules, that could be the nicest piece of equipment ive seen in a long time!

ron herman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
All that crap and they couldnt fit in some drum pads? Would there be some type of legal issues if this actually can clone other synths. They could just sell the software for that and make a killing.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
this looks nice, how much in the UK MarkN?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
ehr...they've been cloning "other" synths since the Emu Audity prototype and these days we have vst's which are mostly clones of real synths.

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Formant024 said:
ehr...they've been cloning "other" synths since the Emu Audity prototype and these days we have vst's which are mostly clones of real synths.

True indeed, but we're buying the clones, not doing the cloning, unless you're real heavy. If you got that... Mad Props!

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Forget all that... I still use Hip Hop E-Jay and my beats are hardcore gangsta thuggin' pimp style.

AND it's a cracked copy. HA.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Actually, I got to play with this briefly in the studio. A producer by the name of Polow (Jamie Foxx-DJ Play A Love Song, Luda-Pimpin All Over The World) brought his in. So he went over it and told me how it works. Basically, its a computer. You can add-on just about ANYTHING. from what I've heard, they will custom build them to your specs and they can run upwards of 10 grand, or more.

Also, it CAN hook up to other synths and it literally rips the entire sound module out of the other synth, if you ad that option. So you hook it up to your triton, and this thing basically jacks everything off the triton.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yo

synth jacking?

Grand theft module: synth city?

that's banoodles!

edit: I'd just run up in niggas studios a make them run they pockets (from they're tritons)

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
damn. thats a new era of gangsta right there.

sound scam