Changing Volume On Just The Selected Part of The Track???

taktical

ill o.g.
Alright I got a quick edit question I hope yall can help me with........Basically, I want to be able to change the volume on a certain part of a track.....For example......lets say I got the whole track at 2 db but I want 1:35 - 1:40 to be -2db lower......How would I got bout doing this??? Can I just highlite/select the part I want lowered and go from there??? Also....how would I go about adding fades and watnot????

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
you can automate volume changes so it's more natural same with fades as it will be non destructive. you could use an audiosuite at that point but change the gain but i would prefer to automate personally. to use the gain highlight the section you want go into audiosuite and search for 'gain' (if you arrange the plugin folders by company name and type just go to the digi folder) than preview. you can undo as the preview isn't referencing the sound prior to the section you're changing.

fades can also be made from the 'edit' menu or ctrl+f (*pc*. may be the same combo for mac) which will bring up the fade window

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Its called automation..u can automate volume panning muting etc.

taktical

ill o.g.
Automation is the answer if your unsure on how to automate the volume change let us know, when Im home actually looking at it or when I wake up more I can tell you how its done..
What version of PT are you using?

Fa sho, I def need a lil help with automation.....I'm rockn 7.3 on a PC.....How would I got bout setting up an automation point.....Lets say I got 1 adlib on my track that needs to be raised +2db....Anyone give a step by step??

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Im using 6.4 so its prolly all diff.
On the left of your track in wav view there should be a little rectangle that says "read" you would click on that for a drop down menu and select "write" .then all you have to do is hit play and w/e you do with the volume or panning or w/e while thats going on will be automated.Just hit stop when you are done .

taktical

ill o.g.
or can change the "view" of the track from waveform to volume and just draw your volume curves.. somtimes i find drawing in the automation easier and more precise than recording it. but to each his own.

Thats sounds easy enough...imma look into that option when I get home....

members online