Calling all Logic users

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey Illmuzik Fans,

Calling all Logic users on the forum(New and Old):
As stated in my previous post, I just purchased the new Logic Pro Studio and IM LOVING IT!!!

I just wanted to connect with all Logic users on the site so that I can build with you guys.

* Have any longtime users of Logic messed with the newer version?
* Since I have never touched any earlier version of logic, what are the great add-ons and any possible disadvantages?
* What type of music do you create with Logic?
*Any tips or tricks for new jacks like myself( i.e. Key commands, etc)

Holla back

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I didnt post this up for the sole purpose of getting tips. I love reading the manuals (All of them LOL) Plus there really are no shortcuts in learning this extensive piece of software.

I just wanted to round everyone up together, old and new, who were either familiar with the program so that we could create a discussion around the new features of Logic and its possibilities. Especially sharing info for those producers who have any older versions.

I just wanted to start a dialougue.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I think most Logic users are on the DL with it. They don't want a lot of people know they use it. You don't go around bragging about pots of gold.... because everyone will start dipping into your pot.

RaO large

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've been using logic for a minute now and all though I haven't gotten the upgrade yet I will say that Logic is nasty. The more you use it the more you will love that shit...I promise you. It's the future.

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think most Logic users are on the DL with it. They don't want a lot of people know they use it. You don't go around bragging about pots of gold.... because everyone will start dipping into your pot.

Thanks for the response.
Please excuse my ignorance but what did you mean by "Dipping in to your pot"??
Do you mean stealing ideas??

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Thanks for the response.
Please excuse my ignorance but what did you mean by "Dipping in to your pot"??
Do you mean stealing ideas??

Sort of.But not so much. Most of the people I deal with don't want to tell you what's good because they don't want you getting into their source. Shoes for example. If you know where to get ever Jordan ever made at a cheap price, you wont tell someone where you are getting them. Because you don't want them to have it like you have it.

I think Logic is kind of like that. People who really like Logic don't usually like telling people how good it is. Most cats use Protools.

The Pot of Gold thing is a Psche test.

If you found a pot of gold who would you tell?

Givers will tell everyone. They want to share their experience. But Takers wont tell anyone. They don't want people to get the fortune they are getting.

For example... Just Blaze never talks about Logic... but it was pretty clear in the TI clips he uses it. He ain't trying to put a lot of other people up on Logic.

paradigmshifter

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
long time ago, before logic was part of apple and existed for the PC, I checked it out a thought it SUCKED... then about a 2 years ago started using Logic Express 7... I love it... it's awesome... i use it a lot with reason via rewire because the express version doesn't have a lot of plug-ins included (and I refuse to use the garage band stuff)... NOW I'M USING LOGIC PRO 8 and I'm still getting used to the "one window" for everything layout but the one thing that stands out it's all the options that apple gave for such a low price (5.1 mixing, TDM compatibility, Ultra beat, Space Designer, Soundtrack, Main stage)... it's just sick!!!
The 1st tip that I would give is to start creating your own templates... I do the same thing in FL Studio... save a preset "starting point" to:
EQ drums (kick, snares, etc), instruments... get me?
Compress, gate, etc... try to avoid using the presets that come with the software because then your stuff will sound like the stuff from other amateurs that used the same preset... at least layer the shit and EQ/Compress to get a unique sound... this applies greatly to Logic 8 because it comes with a shit load of templates and sometimes you tend to get lazy and just use what's already there with the template (i've done it but try to avoid it)... explore before getting to the beat-making...
Also, Logic rules when it comes to doing automation...

Peace.
www.myspace.com/sonicparadigmshift

CHARLIEPLATNUM

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
YEAH, I recently upgraded to Logic Studio from express 7.2. I run ProTools le 7.3.1, Reason 4, Melodyne, Battery 3 and Kontakt 3.......and a lite version of Ableton live...all on a 15.4 inch intel MacBook Pro.(with external hard drives of course)...to be honest......I don't know why you'd do it any other way (speaking of analog)......The little bit of hardware I have left (MPC1000, MV8000, Motif ES6) doesn't even get touched anymore (it just makes my home studio look nice). I mean why would it, when sh*t like Battery and Kontakt come with 12 and 33 gig sound libraries......on top of the 40 instruments and 80 effects that come with logic.......I'm also looking to add Trilogy, Atmosphere, and Symphonic Choirs real soon.

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
YEAH, I recently upgraded to Logic Studio from express 7.2. I run ProTools le 7.3.1, Reason 4, Melodyne, Battery 3 and Kontakt 3.......and a lite version of Ableton live...all on a 15.4 inch intel MacBook Pro.(with external hard drives of course)...to be honest......I don't know why you'd do it any other way (speaking of analog)......The little bit of hardware I have left (MPC1000, MV8000, Motif ES6) doesn't even get touched anymore (it just makes my home studio look nice). I mean why would it, when sh*t like Battery and Kontakt come with 12 and 33 gig sound libraries......on top of the 40 instruments and 80 effects that come with logic.......I'm also looking to add Trilogy, Atmosphere, and Symphonic Choirs real soon.

I FEEL YOU MAN!!!!

I HATE WIRES WITH A PASSION!! I have so much hardware that Im getting tired of using it all. I decided yesterday that it was over for me. I AM CURRENTLY SELLING ALL OF MY HARDWARE PIECES!!!!!!!!!!!

ATmusic

ill o.g.
Logic is the ish though. The new Logic 8 studio is a beast! This may sound cliche-rish but production work is definitley speeded up with the new update.

I don´t even mind that there are no new instruments. It´s absolutely amazing! And yeah, Kontakt 3 and Battery 3 are definitly killa add ons to this Logic Beast.

Am also getting addicted to the new Ultrabeat. Now see if Battery 3 had the drum pattern arrange add- on.......dang!

ill o.g.
I started off using Logic 5 on my PC. Was cool, but then Emagic got bought by Apple so I had to buy a Mac to continue using Logic. Got my self a Macbook Pro (Which I love) and Logic Pro 7 (with student discount thanks to one of my buddies). I would say the main differences are the plugins such as Ultrabeat and Sculpture (which i'm still trying to get my head round) I have tried using Cubase and FL Studio but found that Logic is best for me.