cakewalk/roland ready to challenge protools?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Everybody waited waaaaay too late to challenge PT. Besides Logic, no one else will take a significant piece of the Pro Tools pie. It's just too popular.......it has been the goto DAW for a decade or better.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't know if they're necessarily challenging PT, but Cakewalk has been my favorite over the years and continues to be. A lot of people dismiss Cakewalk and its products and I don't know why. I'm not saying PT is better or Cakewalk is better, however when it comes to a pro-studio setup, PT has been the industry standard for years, I doubt many will jump ship!

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
Everybody waited waaaaay too late to challenge PT. Besides Logic, no one else will take a significant piece of the Pro Tools pie. It's just too popular.......it has been the goto DAW for a decade or better.
it's always been pt, cubendo and logic, can any other truly break through? i don't think so. both pt and logic have closed the gap on features and functionality of cubendo. the hardware/dsp daws like pyramix are too niche and the software daws will still find it hard to replace logic/cubendo in project and medium-large studios (except samplitude in mastering and sadie for the same and post houses) let alone make a dent in pt's dominance. the prosumer market , though easier to challenge the top 3, i honestly don't see it happening. but in the end, it doesn't matter, it's what works best for you, and competition and innovation will make all the daws better. as long as your daw of choice doesn't become vapourware/abandonware

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
i understand all that you guys speak of, but i guess i should of been a lil clear on what i ment. with this set up you can take any project you do to any studio and do what you do. i understand that pro tools are "industry standard" and many studios will keep what they have, but in this profession/hobbie and a age of many trying to be "indie" this is a very cost effective unit with a Fantom synth built in, you have to say its a much better option then Protools LE/M-Powered.

blakjustice30

ill o.g.
it's always been pt, cubendo and logic, can any other truly break through? i don't think so. both pt and logic have closed the gap on features and functionality of cubendo. the hardware/dsp daws like pyramix are too niche and the software daws will still find it hard to replace logic/cubendo in project and medium-large studios (except samplitude in mastering and sadie for the same and post houses) let alone make a dent in pt's dominance. the prosumer market , though easier to challenge the top 3, i honestly don't see it happening. but in the end, it doesn't matter, it's what works best for you, and competition and innovation will make all the daws better. as long as your daw of choice doesn't become vapourware/abandonware

Where are these beats?

members online