BWS: New Deathrow?

Arc.I.Tect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Puttin this out there. (In no way am I saying anyone on the BWS camp can touch 2pac though). Will Blackwallstreet turn into the new Deathrow records? I mean they will probably become the biggest label out of the west just because of the talent line up they have (Glasses, Black Friday, Young Life, M.O.B, etc. ) but will they turn to lock down things and create a Blackwallstreet Era in hip hop?

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I think you'd need to have some talent on your rooster to acomplish that. Not to be a bunch of ryders who think a life of gang banging make them legit in the hip-hop game.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Arc.I.Tect said:
Puttin this out there. (In no way am I saying anyone on the BWS camp can touch 2pac though). Will Blackwallstreet turn into the new Deathrow records? I mean they will probably become the biggest label out of the west just because of the talent line up they have (Glasses, Black Friday, Young Life, M.O.B, etc. ) but will they turn to lock down things and create a Blackwallstreet Era in hip hop?

You MUST be working for them or something, are you on the street team??
Anyways, Game is cool and he's signing new artist that with the right push could make some noise, but Game might be known for re-viving the west but his recent rampage is killing his relationships on the East Coast.

In my opinion, there will never be another Death Row records, because there will never be another label imprint that has three MEGA stars (Dr.Dre, Snoop, Pac) operating under the same roof. Some may argue that Rocafella fits that mold but if you look at artist sales after Jay retired, you'd see why he didn't retired (as planned) after Reasonable Doubt.

The closest you may ever see to Death Row is Shady/Aftermath because every artist on that label can ship platinum.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
they got a nice producer... Nu Jersey Devil or somethin... he posts over at their forum, aswell as Game himself and his brother Big Fase.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Rhythmikal said:
they got a nice producer... Nu Jersey Devil or somethin....

Yeah, he's dope too... Only complaint I have is that some of his beats sound fake dre'ish... But there still bangin'... I like this one joint he did with game, it sounds like a dre beat with madd gunshots and shit in it, but it's hard as fuck! Game actually came nice on it too.;.

Arc.I.Tect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Haha nah I ain't workin with em or on their street team. I'm sayin that because they got a lot of talent (in my eyes) on their team. And to whoever said you'll never have 3 megastars. You can't judge BWS like that yet as only one of them are really "out". I think they already have two in Game/G. Malone. I'm not saying anybody on there could could be someone close to Pac for BWS but that doesn't mean you won't have talent.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i dunno

see im on the fence with game

he is a *good* rapper. he's solid.

but... he isnt much of a lyricist. his flow doesnt stand out. he isnt particularly entertaining. his voice aint exactly all that. i am not impressed at ALL with his hook writing. the ONE thing that has stood out, has nothing to do with him, and thats the beats. he has access to GREAT beats. some of the best tracks of the year, went to his album. great production.

however, he has proven himself a star. we'll see what happens in the long run. he is on this beef thing too hard.....i dont think he wants to hear that his lyrics need some polish. i dont think he wants to hear that he has to ride the beat MUCH better. i dont think he wants to hear that his beefin with everything that moves is NOT a good look for the long term career moves. at some point EVERYONE will tire of it.

as far as the rosters talent, who knows. i havent heard it.

my opinion on game is this: he COULD be good- maybe even very good- if he chills the fuck out on the beef. lord knows i have dropped a lot of opinions on him, and while it looks like hatin a lot of the time, it smainly the hype that i dislike. he's solid, but people are on his nuts like hes rakim's second coming and whatnot. he aint nice LIKE THAT. he's ok. his dis is solid. i over extended myself calling it pure garbage, but upon further review its solid, good not great and certainly not an epic one. so at the end of it all, he CAN be a solid artist with a long career, because he has the raw tools... but he gots to chill on the name drop crutch, the beefin, and step his lyric game up.

i'd give him a 6 out of 10, with the potential to possibly be an 8 someday. nothing higher then that, which isnt a bad thing- he'll sell some records and sell out shows on that level, but outright skills/talent/longevity.... i question.

S

Svenghali

The next Death Row....man that's sayin' alot. Havin' some people in your organiztion with talent doesn't qualify you as the next anything. At present I haven't heard anyone from that camp that I could draw parallels to. Think about this (vintage) Kurupt lyrics, Snoop's pimpin' ass flow, Daz's tracks and flow, Lady of Rage's lyric's and intensity or Pac's universal appeal. After saying all that I still haven't even mentioned the good Dr.

Game is alright but he's no lyricist and he's not a strong enough rapper to anchor the second coming of a Death Row in BlackWallstreet. Did you ever hear his mixtape diss on Joe Budden? If not, let me just say this, when Joe was done with him he couldn't even figure how to answer back. I like Game cause he's his own man, but I'm still not convinced.

Personally, I don't think there will ever be another Death Row, ever.

members online