Buffer Length Question

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
What's good Ill Fam? Got a new HP notebook and I use an oxygen8 and I have no latency issues at all, but at times I get the old cracks and pops like crazy, and the CPU usages is at 3-4. (next to nothing) I researched this in the archives and found out that if you turn up the buffer length iin the general settings everythings good. I tried this and it did fix the problem, but here is my question: What does "turn up the buffer length" do to the quality of the sound? and will this effect the way my midi works?

Peace

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn... I thought so. I guess I got some work to do when I get to the casa and find the "happy medium". Argghh.... Appreciate the response.

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
cop u a aiso soundcard or a m audio fw solo i got this and a external hard drive and all the usual latency/ midi problems went out the door

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
when i installed my mbox 2 drivers on my crappy laptop that only had a AMD sempron 1.8 gig/ 512 mb ram, i was having the same problems with flstudio, and it didn't matter about the asio.

i just upgraded the ram and everything was fine.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^^ Yo Iszazial, what is your buffer set on? If I may ask my brotha

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
before i upgraded my ram i had it set at 2048, however once i upgraded i now have it set to 1024

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks man, yeah, upgrading my ram is the tough answer I got to accept, and fork over some cash, lol.

members online