BPM Range?

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was just wondering what bpm range do ya'll work with in? For some reason I tend to work between 90 and 110 range. I don't know why. Maybe it has to do with how the click track sounds. Maybe I just play better or feel the groove better when my track is clicking between 90 and 110 bpm's. Let me what ya'll think.

Rob-Les

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I usually work within 90-105 or so myself. I find it easier to arrange the samples that way. One!

C

Copenhagen

Anywhere between 75 and 110, depending on the beat...but I usually always double the amount and work with it that way.

E

elmacaco

160-230 bpm.

better resolution, and I get more in per bar.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
When I first started I was around the 98 - 105bpm mark. Now that I've got my own style, I'm usually around the 88-96bpm area.

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Copenhagen
Anywhere between 75 and 110, depending on the beat...but I usually always double the amount and work with it that way.

Cope, what do you mean by doubling the amount? Dp you make a beat at 90bpm's and then increase by another 90 bpm's?

C

Copenhagen

Correct, the same as I do...just double the amount...I find it easier...and can more precisely plot stuff in...especially with layers of percussion etc

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by The Konductor
Cope, what do you mean by doubling the amount? Dp you make a beat at 90bpm's and then increase by another 90 bpm's?

Hey, it seems we posted a reply almost at the same time...I didn't see your reply before mine when I posted and it was aimed at HaZwaiOh...anyway, no I don't make the beat at 90bpm and then double it...I decide what tempo I want to make the beat at f.x. 100 bpm...then double it to 200 bpm...and then make the beat..where every 2 bars in the sequencer equals 1 bar in the song...so you see I get more space to plot stuff in.

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
usually anywhere between 80 - 110 bpm -- sometimes outside those extremes -- but very rarely

members online

No members online now.