Bouncing from Reason 5

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Alright, I'm a current LPX user but for my album alot of the beats were originally produced in reason 5.

Now I'm at the mixing stage and obviously need these beats tracked out.

Problem: my reason 5 is on my PC and Logic on the MacbookPro, I don't want to go through the reason mix engine in any way,shape, or form. Especially as it doesn't give me the option to export in mono (wtf?)

Now, I'm a creative guy... but I really don't want to ReWire into Reaper/cubase just to get the audio files and then transfer to MAc and load them up in LPX.. but if this is the only way then I guess.

Any ideas, what do you do?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
My reason CDs are longggg lost. I suppose I can cop an ISO then next time I'm in the studio since the internet is way faster there.. but meh..

This i'll just rewire to StudioOne 2 for now then bounce

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Yea i just download the installers from Propellerheads.

As far as tracking out. In 6 and 7 you can just export the stems. Reason 6 was a $1.00 upgrade. Rewire isn't too bad, but pointless unless you're going to be tracking through hardware

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Yea i just download the installers from Propellerheads.

As far as tracking out. In 6 and 7 you can just export the stems. Reason 6 was a $1.00 upgrade. Rewire isn't too bad, but pointless unless you're going to be tracking through hardware

I'm using Reason 5. not only that I didn't buy it I was just given a copy from a friend who switched to abelton so I cant just upgrade for $1.00 (not that I would want to anyway...)

solution:
I just rewired into a DAW with a better mix engine because the Reason one gives a particular sound that I don't want.

And the reason I'm bouncing the files is to mix them. Don't think it matters hardware or not, the in-program mixing for reason is TERRIBLE. if you are serious about mixing and then getting tracks mastered you're gonna have to get the waveforms out of reason lol.

I don't want to use that shitty compressor or that god-forsaken reverb module lol

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
I'm using Reason 5. not only that I didn't buy it I was just given a copy from a friend who switched to abelton so I cant just upgrade for $1.00 (not that I would want to anyway...)

solution:
I just rewired into a DAW with a better mix engine because the Reason one gives a particular sound that I don't want.

And the reason I'm bouncing the files is to mix them. Don't think it matters hardware or not, the in-program mixing for reason is TERRIBLE. if you are serious about mixing and then getting tracks mastered you're gonna have to get the waveforms out of reason lol.

I don't want to use that shitty compressor or that god-forsaken reverb module lol

I'm not arguing the fact that a great mix and master needs to be done from wav files. I'm trying to understand the need for rewire to extract them. The time it takes to track each into the daw takes longer than solo export from reason.

Maybe i'm missing something?

Ps hardware makes a hell of difference when you track through. Channel strips have single handedly killed the need for a big mixing consoles

Last edited:

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
using the new Waves 11 complete bundle (for 64bit) for most of my mixing. HAven't used the izotope mastering suite yet, I heard it was really good.

The api emulators are really good as well as the ssl

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
using the new Waves 11 complete bundle (for 64bit) for most of my mixing. HAven't used the izotope mastering suite yet, I heard it was really good.

The api emulators are really good as well as the ssl

Yea Waves is pretty sick, I've had the bundle for a minute haven't stretch it yet, but from what I have done with it.... buttery as hell

members online