BluePrint 3 Review

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just finished listening to the Blurprint 3 album and I think its just O.........K.

This album is a hard sell because everybodys expectations always fight against the product itself.

I just feel that this, just like the Black Album, has MANY THROW AWAY SONGS which SHOULD NOT HAVE MADE THE FINAL ALBUM.

1) The Venus vs Mars beat was so stripped down and lacking melody that it sounding like a waste.

2) The Pharrell song was so CANDY POP Sugary sweet that it sounded like a lost track on the Giift and The Curse Double CD>

On a great note:

1) The Swizz Beat song sounded like an ill RZa meets the South beat.

2) The song Haterz with Kanye on it sounded like a dope freestyle cypher. (Which it probably was)--For Hov at least---LOL

3) The Alecia Keys "New York" chorused song is STRAIGHT FIYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All in all ---IM ORIGINALLY FROM BROOKLYN SO I AM A HOV FAN TO THE DEATH. I just wish certain songs were thrown away.

FINAL NOTE: PLEASE RELEASE THE ACCAPELLAS CD!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I CAN SHOW YOU REAL HEAT!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

BLUPHI!!! SIGNING OFF

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
I think its a ridiculous album ... all he did was copy the kanye/timbaland pop/techno
style as of late and do his lazy thing over it ... then stood back and said to himself "this
is greatness, this is art, this is new hip hop" ... When in reality its bullshit

We went from Hov the greatest rapper to "Ghetto Techno" ... Really ??? that is what
hip hop and the supposed greatest rapper has become ? Also the "Haters" beat really
what was that ? If it wasn't kanye and hov everyone would call that straight trash.

BP3 is a perfect example of using the word "different" to mask BS and Hov pulled the
wool over everyones eyes .... should have never been called BP3 disgraces the other 2
whic are classics with that Hov sound ... This new sound is HORRIBLE HOV

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I think its a ridiculous album ... all he did was copy the kanye/timbaland pop/techno
style as of late and do his lazy thing over it ... then stood back and said to himself "this
is greatness, this is art, this is new hip hop" ... When in reality its bullshit

We went from Hov the greatest rapper to "Ghetto Techno" ... Really ??? that is what
hip hop and the supposed greatest rapper has become ? Also the "Haters" beat really
what was that ? If it wasn't kanye and hov everyone would call that straight trash.

BP3 is a perfect example of using the word "different" to mask BS and Hov pulled the
wool over everyones eyes .... should have never been called BP3 disgraces the other 2
whic are classics with that Hov sound ... This new sound is HORRIBLE HOV

i agree 100%. I heard most of the album and was seriously let down. Jay needs to get rid of Pharell and Timbo and should of went with 9th and Premo. Its what the street wants, it's what real Jay Z fans want.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
don't think he was trying to appeal to the "real heads" on this one - kinda just a really soft pop album. really sad how tepid the whole album is.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I am gonna give my thoughts song by song then sum it up in the end. I am listening to this for the first time while I am posting this.

1. What We Talking About - (Yuck!!!)

2. Thank You - (I like this one.)

3. D.O.A. [Death of Auto Tune] - (This sounds like the old HOV to me on this one, IMO. Thumbs up!)

4. Run This Town [feat. Rihanna & Kanye West] - (This sounds like some radio B.S. Booo!)

5. Empire State of Mind [feat. Alicia Keys] - (Bland and kind of poppish! Sheesh!)

6. Real as it Gets [feat. Young Jeezy] - (I like the hook but this doesn't sound like a Jay-Z cut to me.)

7. On to the Next One [feat. Swizz Beats] - (OMG! This is straight up ass. Throw away beat.)

8. Off That [feat. Drake] - (Hey, a techno track. LOL! NEXT!!!!!!!!!)

9. A Star is Born [feat. J. Cole] - (More pop B.S. - WTF????)

10. Venus vs. Mars - (Timbo track but not like "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" - It's ok. Hook is bland as hell.)

11. Already Home [feat. Kid Cudi] - (I can't believe this shit. Come on, Hov! Another throw away beat.)

12. Hate [feat. Kanye West] - (Sounds like something off of Kanye's latest album. GARBAGE!)

13. Reminder - (Beat is okay but it sounds like a pop song. LOL!)

14. So Ambitious [feat. Pharrell] - (I actually like this one.)

15. Young Forever [feat. Mr. Hudson] - (ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? THIS SONG SUCKS PERIOD. I DON'T CARE WHO WAS RAPPING ON THIS SHIT!!!!!)

Ok, I am a big Jay-Z fan and I am disappointed. Blueprint 3? Holy Crap. If these are the best 15 out of the bunch he decided to put on the album, goodness! Only 3 tracks on this that I really liked - 2, 3 & 14. That's it. My grade - D. Come on, Hov. You can do better than this, man.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I always thought with DOA "if this is what the album is going to be like, it's going to be CRACK", but I knew that it wouldn't be anything close and DOA was going to be the only joint like it on the album.

Album is straight trash...Worst album in a while for me, actually...

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
^^^^^ lmao!

i thought it was a mixed bag personally.

i actually liked "what they talking about" alot, though no one else seems to like it lol and thank you is dope.

i love already home, thats my fav on the album. he goes hard on the flow. cudi cant sing but somehow makes the hook work. classic imo.

The neptunes song is garboso. Pharell reaches new levels of off keyness and off beatedness on the hook and the beat sounds mad korg triton preset circa 1999-2002 like most of his beats but somehow worse.

the last song with mr. hudson sounds like pure doodoo crust on wax.

the swizzy song i like. it got a certain swag to it that i love.

the timbo and drake song is just barely listenable to me, i dont skip it for some reason but i dont really like it. they should have had a drake verse and someone else on the hook.

the "reminder" track has the lamest hook over, other wise it might have a been an ok track. that girl sounds sooooo annoying and ruins it.

a star is born has hot ass verses but the beat and hook is mad laaammmeee.

the jeezy song is cool but like everyone else says it sounds more like a jeezy track than a hov track. and by the way jeezys verse >> hovs verse.

the rhianna/kanye song i liked at first, but i grew out of it and now i skip past it.

i like the haters song.

the alicia one is cool. i hate the beat really but the flow is on point and my fantasy woman gets busy on the hook (although she kinda goes overboard) and its hard for me to not like anything alicia keys is on.

overall its ok. listenable. i dont usually associate jay-z albums with hooks but the hooks were terrible and outright ruined some songs. still, it is jay and he's still got a incredible flow and thats why i been bumping the album for a week straight even though im not exactly diggin it

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I agree with everyone as well, IMO opinion after "Real as it Gets" with Jeezy Its all down hill from there. I used to think Jay could rap over anything, but these beats seemd like they were leftover from Kanye's heartbreak album.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
like many businesses do, rappers establish their names, and resort to what would be the musical equivalent of "sleazy business practices"
my opinion anyway

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
LYRICALLYYYYYY WOWWWWWWW.. i personally think that shit is kinda CRAZY.... production aint the GREATEST but i guess everyone is accustomed to that Just Blaze old YE sound.... Dude is older now. Different ear..... but Lyrically WOWWWWZAAAAAA..... forever young is like his last testament......

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Obviously the masses don't see it like most of you guys. The venus vs mars joint "believe it or not" is a hit in the club. I dj so I can testify that I get madd request for quite a few songs on this album. Some people just can't deal with change. Maybe most here are just growing old and are stuck in the past. I'm kind of glad I DJ. Most Dj's can't stay in the past....we have to keep it moving or find another line of work. If Jay had put out a record similar to anything he's done in the past he WOULD NOT be surpassing Elvis right now. He would have appealed to such a small demographic that most would have said that this was his worse album ever. Though a few here may feel that way the younger generation does not. When it's all said and done he's going to put record sell numbers and the amount of times his album has been number one so far out of reach that NO ONE will ever surpass him. At least not in our life time! Like it or not for that alone he can accurately proclaim himself the GREATEST.

I think it's a good album. May not be great but personally I don't think a GREAT album has drop'd in ten years or more. He's appealing to who he needs to in order to stay relevant. The younger gen does not hear nor see things like us older heads. U have to keep that in mind. Once again I'm glad I DJ so I can stay a bit more objective.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
ive spoken to a few DJ's and they all say the album is NUTTY... not one had anything negative about it.....

Word...I actually think Jigga covered all the bases with this album. He has tracks that can be played anywhere for just about anybody....except country music venues of course...lol

Other than on ILL, I've haven't heard nor seen one complaint about it either.....and the numbers speak from themselves. Every other stop light I hear somebody bumping one the tracks off this album. lmao..I don't know...I'm beginning to take note on something "If most people on ILL like your music you may need to scrap that joint and start over", most likely means your joint won't make it in the real world.....lmao, I'm just saying!

members online