Bishop Lamont left aftermath...Ready for the diss?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Bishop Lamont, who left Aftermath/Interscope in January, is speaking up about his relationship with Dr. Dre. He said that, despite the lack of support he felt coming from those on the label, he has no ill words to say about his mentor.

"For ya'll thinking I'm going to say 'Fuck Dre' and diss him or Aftermath like every other artist that's no longer there, you got me all wrong. Dre signed me after hearing a demo I ambushed him with at a video shoot and not only did he not blow me off, he was true to his word…he listened to it. The next morning he was dropping my name on the radio and became my biggest supporter. I sincerely appreciate his mentorship. He took the time and put a hell of a lot of effort into my artistry, when most people in his position don't do that."

Recently Lamont recorded a song with John Mayer called "Gone," and is working on an upcoming film called "Fahrenheit 513."

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I remember checking out his Mus. but dont remember anything about it. A-math is hurtin right now, if you arent one of the 3 big artists you arent really any sort of priority. I'm glad they are releasing the artists atleast tho.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I remember checking out his Mus. but dont remember anything about it. A-math is hurtin right now, if you arent one of the 3 big artists you arent really any sort of priority. I'm glad they are releasing the artists atleast tho.

I think Aftermath is strictly a production based label....dre isnt gonna put you out just to put you out. You gotta have music that can eclispe what has been done there in the previous years...Thats the standard he holds himself to, look how long it takes him to drop an album.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
LOL that's a poor excuse to not put out any decent product....lol

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont see how its a poor "excuse" for shelving artists...Stat couldnt deliver, Joell, couldnt deliver, same with joe beast, truth hurts, and now bishop lamont...The guy seems to put out whoever comes with the best product....

I mean when you got records like In Da Club, Stan, The Next Episode, on plaques on the wall are you really gonna spend a year mixing stat quo's album when they dont even play the single you produced for him in his own city?

You also gotta realize that when your business is music you need some artists to use as tax write offs to help balance the cost of your production....ESPECIALLY if you run a multi million dollar sound house like he does.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Lou bez has it pretty on point. Stat was an attempt to capitalize their disadvantage in the south movement, I aint heard a stat record that got me excited, ever. Same with everyone else, they have a really good image but the music doesnt stack up.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
i think that Bishops music is pretty good. "Grow Up" was a dope Dre beat with good lyrical content but was not a "club song" so it didnt get much play. dude is legit though. CARSON STAND UP!!!! 310